1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Extreme 2018 Microphone...get one while you can

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by codeman, Aug 3, 2019.

1. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

I had sent my email on a Sunday not expecting a response for a day or two. However within about three hours I get a reply from Gi Joe's. I'm not plugging them. This was my first purchase from them.

2. Highway Man

Highway Man Well-Known Member

good report.. I'm looking at buying a radio from Joe was disappointed several times when the emails and voicemails went unanswered

3. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Sr. Member

Best Mic on the market, I've got 4 of them but a couple need the switch fixed...I'm kinda surprised anyone still has any in stock...I was told last year they had been discontinued from production.

codeman likes this.
  4. Wire Weasel

Wire Weasel Senior Moment

They are good, I've had one. But now I prefer to use a radio with factory echo onboard and known loud audio .... then use whatever mic I want. I've used a Galaxy DX 94HP for 10 years .... been hard to beat

5. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

While in search of something else I accidentally found the ec-2018's available yesterday so got one ordered. I know some of you fellas like them so figured I'd make mention as they'll disappear for who knows how long. Cheapest availability I could find was cb radio supply for 69 bucks with free snail mail.

6. NightThumper

NightThumper Sr. Member

Thank you Eldorado828…they are also available at Bells CB

codeman and Eldorado828 like this.
  7. Eldorado828

I just almost messaged you because I know before you went across the pond for one.
    I didn't order from bells because I went back and showed sold out. Could have been my browser but didn't want to take a chance.

8. NightThumper

NightThumper Sr. Member

I did order one from Cb radio supply. Thanks. I did put one in my cart at Bells and it accepted it. Then removed it and went to CRS

#23 NightThumper, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  9. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one.

10. codeman

Thanks Eldorado, I got another one heading my way!

NightThumper and Eldorado828 like this.
  11. Eldorado828

I figured others would want one too. I got notified that mine shipped so hopefully will see it early next week. Tracking says Monday and that's with the free shipping, not bad!! Might get another just because!

I think they're a great sounding mic imo, others may not thinks so.

12. The Howler

The Howler Active Member

I ordered one up from Bells. I hear folks using them on the air and they sound really good. I think just a slight bit of echo sounds good.

13. Eldorado828

Well, went to order another one for the backup and they're all gone at crs. Bells got greedy and went up to 99 bucks. I don't really want to fork over a hun for another one.

NightThumper, Slowmover and codeman like this.
  14. codeman

I'm glad I got my microphone when I had a chance from Bell's. I think I paid 79 total that's with shipping, and I think it includes a battery as well. I should have bought two or three of them to sell on ebay in a year or so.

15. jdchet

jdchet Supporting Member