• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Farthest 11 meter DX contact and equipment used?

Wow some of these are phenomenal.

Late 90s in high school, the night before Thanksgiving up till 5am jabbering. I worked southern Australia and Hawaii on 27.225 AM with a Ranger 2970 driving an Ameritron AL-811h.. with RCA's in it! And I wasn't on the 3 element beam. I was on the Maco 5/8 wave. About 80 feet in the air. Was rag chewing with locals and they could hear me. Neatest part was I could turn the Ameritron off and the Hawaii station still copied. On AM.

Yup. My folks sucked in their own way but I got to do anything I wanted when it came to radio.

That was a legit setup for a Freshman in high school. Worked my ass off for it all too

While not as impressive as some of these stories once I was running a yard sale in my front yard and had a stock Cobra 29 with a Firestik IBA-5 indoor antenna throw ed out on the lawn on top or a piece of sheet metal and talked 2 states away with no Amp. About 700-900 miles away and no skip conditions. My Grand-Daughter was as surprised as me. It helped feed my CB sickness ! LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated