• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Farthest 11 meter DX contact and equipment used?

Keto

Oct 30, 2020
Most memorial was talking to a guy from Missouri to Michigan three times in one week, it was just like we were locals there that week. If I remember or come across his handle I will put it up here. Could be somebody on here, knight or night something etc.
Not real long distance but it sure was fun.
I know I had one contact from Rio de Janeiro it's a bit of a stretch for my wire.

walterjn

Mar 15, 2019
20 some years ago I made a brief contact with a station in Australia, never kept track of dx contacts back then
I was talking on a Uniden Grant with a silver streak 150 backing it up through a 102" stainless whip.
More recently I was heading to Palm Springs area a few years ago and made contact with a station in Belize. I was passing through Calimesa at the time. I was able to get his #'s and wrote them down in my book.
At that time I was on my Grant XL with a Texas Star 350 and a crappy fiberglass whip.

Greg T

WDX-945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
I'm not sure of distance, but last week has been mighty good DXing. I spoke with Australia, Ireland, Scotland, London, British Columbia, Spain, and a few others. Since I've sold my FT-990, and a few others, all I have left are two Stryker 995s. A V1 and a V2. My V2 is my primary rig as I have the upgraded finals and the setup I want. I also run a Texas Star DX-500V. The antenna is a Sirio 2008.

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
I'm not sure of distance, but last week has been mighty good DXing. I spoke with Australia, Ireland, Scotland, London, British Columbia, Spain, and a few others. Since I've sold my FT-990, and a few others, all I have left are two Stryker 995s. A V1 and a V2. My V2 is my primary rig as I have the upgraded finals and the setup I want. I also run a Texas Star DX-500V. The antenna is a Sirio 2008.
x2 the sirio 2008. i got to 310 in queensland last week and ireland yesterday

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    There will be NO FT8 robots running unattended at Bouvet,:ROFLMAO:
  • @ BJ radionut:
    10M BAND.....>28400 SSB .... Always give your full callsign. Listening is the key so be sure we call you before replying. 3Y0J will always listen up (using split) so it will be useless to call us on our transmission frequency.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I like these guys already. :cool: Sounds to me like ROBO callers in ANY Mode will be ignored!!!!(y)
  • @ BJ radionut:
    3Y0J: Update January 29, 2023: Ken estimates Marama should arrive at Bouvet on Monday evening just before sunset. He says he anticipates a good weather window for at least two days then. The team will attempt to move the equipment and supplies onto the island using the zodiac then. They have two zodiacs. They are hoping to accomplish it in those two days. :cool: