• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FATHER IS READING YOUR POSTS

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
I noticed that a small blurp in CQ magazine this month mentions that the enforcer at FCC HDQ is now reviewing or looking at forums on the net, and has already sent a ham a notice on his operations at his work, that he is in violation of some rule.

Watch what you put down, they might read it.

DOCTOR/795

Interesting.

Looks like I need to quit talking about my desire to cuss out people in cw.

And that's how crap get's started, implications with nothing to back them, or explain those implications. From what little is given, it deserves a resounding, so what?
- 'Doc

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wake me up when something real really happens

p.s. "Father" my ass. Gubment is referred to as Big Brother

I was waiting to see how long it took someone to catch on to what he had typed.

And that enforcer that took over, she may be a lot of things, but I think a 'father' is very unlikely. :)
- 'Doc

This is in reference to what led to the FCC's recent "clarification" on how employees may participate in ECom work on behalf of the employer. This was discussed in the FCC/ARRL section not too long ago. A hospital employee participated in an ECom drill on the ham bands at the request of his employer, talked about it on a forum and got a letter as a result. It did happen.

A hospital employee participated in an ECom drill on the ham bands at the request of his employer, talked about it on a forum and got a letter as a result.

Sounds like someone might have turned his post in.

Ah! But did the ham get the letter or did his employer? Seems the employer would be at fault since they have to do the application. As for 'who' turned him in, who knows, he could have turned himself in after finding out about the 'application' to the FCC.

Which/what ever, this scenario is a lot different than the original implication.
- 'Doc

Wouldn't the Ham be at fault for participating in something against FCC regulations for a licensed Amateur ?

The reason I mentioned about his post being turned in is I just can't picture the FCC looking through forum posts looking for violations.

(edit)...I just can't picture the FCC looking through forum posts looking for violations.

i also post on one of the largest fishing forums there is (florida sportsman), and i know of many people that have been busted by fish & game because of the pics they post:oops::oops:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.