• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Father's Day Forum Give-Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not a father unless you count my countless animals that depend on me XD. didnt see anything about having to be one so count me in if ya can?

Count me In

I have 2 Children, 3 Grandkids, 2 Grand dogs, I am eligble for 7 chances, right.
Oh well just thought I would enter, Do I feel Lucky, Make my Fathers day.

73's
Happy Pappy Day
Crkfngr

Moleculo,

I found your forum while searching on the VX-8R. Great review!

I earned my tech license on 4/21 this year, probably too early to qualify for your 3 chances though. I joined ARRL this month, and the local ham club last Tuesday. (South Side Amateur Radio Club S.S.A.R.C.)

ALSO, I will be attending field day! That ought to count for something!! (y)

Alas, though, having no equipment, I am a broadcasting virgin, but a father nonetheless. Guess that counts me for a single chance, huh?

Actually, I now have a nice radio. I bought the VX-8R last Tuesday and took it to the club meeting. I haven't seen old men drool that much since the last time I went to the nursing home to see grandma just before dinner time.

So far, I am trying to get accustomed to handling the thing, listening to various channels, scanning the different bands, toying with various settings... It's a really steep learning curve, especially when much of the language is foreign to me.

It's been pretty quiet on air. I have only heard two guys chatting about the weather for about 2 minutes in the last two days. Well... tonight I chanced across a net meeting of a club planning for field day. Other than that, it's neen kinda disappoing. I expected to hear lots of traffic. After all, there's a repeater just about 5 miles down the road! Maybe the old timers are out there, just listening, waiting for new blood.

One day soon, though, I'm going to take a big breath, key the mic, and call out my first CQ. One day soon... :unsure:

- - - - - - - -

OH! I am traveling 5 hours this weekend to relieve my wife's Uncle of his father's "garage full" of ham gear. This guy was top-notch. I'm sure everything he had was state of the art, for the '50's. I'm glad to get it. Maybe I can infuse some new life into the old gear if the mice haven't chewed it up too badly.

WOW! Sorry for such a long post! Say, would this count for bringing in a new guy, (me), and having 20 posts (this hyper-long missive) for an additional two chances in your drawing??? (At last count, this was around 380 words!)

Yeah, I'm a piker, but I had a great teacher... MY dad.

cmdrdave
KD0HKE

CMDRDAVE,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for all the nice compliments. For this contest/give-away you need to have 20 posts by the day of the drawing to be eligable. This rule is to make sure that those that stick around and participate in the site are the ones that win, not just the casual passer-by that may join just to win something.

However, you have some good discussion topics right there in your first post, so feel free to take some of that material to the other parts of the site and who knows...you might have 20 posts by Sunday :).

Anyway, stick around and feel free to join in...BTW, this is the 3rd giveaway we've done this year, and there may be more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated