• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC and cell phone bills

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Today the FCC announces that they have passed a bill that for "free" all cell phone carriers by law must send you a free text message when you are nearing your end of minutes and or text messages Limit. so you will not get a surprise bill at the end of the pay cycle.

Lucky for me i have Verizon Wireless's Unlimited plan for minutes and text and web.
it's about time they pass this bill.
73s

I have texting disabled on all cell phones I pay for, that incoming and outgoing because why would you text from a god damned phone?

I know what my bill will be before the bill arrives.

Given enough time humans will be born without brains because there will be no need for them. Everything will be done for us, no thinking required. I don't need a piece of spam telling me something I should be aware of in the first place. If I really need to know my usage my phone has a minutes counter in it.

Reactions: 1 person
Given enough time humans will be born without brains because there will be no need for them. Everything will be done for us, no thinking required. I don't need a piece of spam telling me something I should be aware of in the first place. If I really need to know my usage my phone has a minutes counter in it.

Explain that to teenagers.

I think the message is a good idea, it would even be a better idea if the phone companies required a confirmation of receipt by the cell phone user as I think the biggest majority of users will ignore the text anyway.

if you need a babysitter to hold your hand to tell you when youre nearing the end of you plan, then hooray! this is what you have been waiting for, for all these years !!!

if you fall under the category of a typical, responsible human being, then this will be nothing that concerns you

AGREED !!

The point of why the FCC did this was a few people got a phone bill for over $20.000
Unfortunately that is plain retarded for you to be able to rack a cell phone up that high.
the message has to be free "it's the law". read up on it. i think it was a great idea for teens, since there constantly on the phone rather it be texting or web browsing.

@ beetle what do you mean spamming? i havent seen a spam text message in over 3 years.......

The point of why the FCC did this was a few people got a phone bill for over $20.000
Unfortunately that is plain retarded for you to be able to rack a cell phone up that high.
the message has to be free "it's the law". read up on it. i think it was a great idea for teens, since there constantly on the phone rather it be texting or web browsing.

@ beetle what do you mean spamming? i havent seen a spam text message in over 3 years.......

I don't get many - maybe one every 3 months, so it's only a small charge, but I never signed up for texting. My wife and I have the basic T-mobile plan we've been on for about 10 years now. $19.95 a month, 60 "anytime" minutes a month. No texting - I couldn't send one if I wanted.

And I don't "want"! :whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.