• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Approved CB ?

yama junk owna

Apr 5, 2005
This may not be the best section to ask this question but, we are always yelling back and forth about exports and the rules, so I think it fits in maybe. Anyway does anybody still build a 40 channel, am , ssb, 4 watt - 12 watt FCC approved base radio anymore?
I know there is still a few mobile am and maybe a few ssb radios still built, ( Did Midland drop their ssb radio ? ) that have the sticker on the back, just wondering.

galaxy dx 2547, texas ranger 696f. thses are the only 2 that i know of still in production. the Cherokee CBS500, and texas ranger 193, are still available new at a few places but they are discontinued

Oilpatch197 said:
I've always wondered what is soo attractive about a Base(other than the direct plug in the wall convenience)??

I've always used mobiles as bases, but I really don't see no purpose for a CB base??

Looks mainly.They do look a bit better and neater and there is no separate power supply cluttering up the desk.I would prefer a base radio over a mobile anyday for home use.I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to my station layout.

My question was not so much about base or mobile as it was about the radios being FCC legal. I was wondering if the, lets say, Ranger base radio has the FCC sticker on the back of it or is it like the exports with no approvial? Thats what I was wanting to know

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.