• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC at the tolls and scales

medic18d

Nov 23, 2013
Traveling through Illinois and seen a guy checking all the truckers and antenna
toting rides at the tolls on I294 . keyed up and found out they were looking for people using exports .

this is probably originated from a knucklehead and his base station blaring across 8 channels on 20 around alsip illinois . and the commuter has to pay .

Reactions: 1 person

That's bs. Always a good idea to carry a spare throw in radio IMO. I carry a stock cobra 25 just in case. And I am not a truck driver. But rather a work van with a mobile setup. It really does suck, but is the law of the land.

Interesting,
on Tuesday there were some knot heads on Cermak that were bleeding all over and chanting "knockout, knockout, knockout". Some kind of game, I guess.
Pretty annoying, I have heard them before but not as obnoxious.

Is it probable cause or what?? If you haven't done anything wrong how can someone have the right to your private property/ vehicle?

Last edited:
What's the law on that. Is it probable cause or what?? If you haven't done anything wrong how can someone have the right to your private property/ vehicle?

They can't. Unless rules are different for commercial vehicles I smell bs all over this thread.

No matter what any official says they can't enter your vehicle without a warrant or cause.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Traveling through Illinois and seen a guy checking all the truckers and antenna
toting rides at the tolls on I294 . keyed up and found out they were looking for people using exports .

this is probably originated from a knucklehead and his base station blaring across 8 channels on 20 around alsip illinois . and the commuter has to pay .

Yea heck he could have been looking for a radar detector, who knows.

They can't. Unless rules are different for commercial vehicles I smell bs all over this thread.

No matter what any official says they can't enter your vehicle without a warrant or cause.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Or consent.

Better check your state laws for commercial vehicles. They can demand to see your log books and they can check your rig for safety issues such as brakes before decending a steep grade. I believe there are provisions within the ICC perhaps that allows inspections. I may be wrong however I wouldn't start jumping up and down yelling foul yet until the regs are checked to be sure. Commercial transport drivers are a little different than Billy Bob the four wheeler driver.

Reactions: 4 people
besides if you dont have anything illegal or are doingt anything illegal you have nothing to worry about. If we are indeed doing anything illegal and know it is and get nailed for it do we really have the right to b!+ch about getting caught?

After a certain point we would have to ask ourselve "who really was the fool" We all gamble one way or another in life and know the consenquences of our actions before we get caught. It all boils down to how long one can get away with something before being in the wrong place at the the right time. Maybe thats the thrill of it I dont know but we are all adults and know what we are doing for the most part anyways......

Reactions: 2 people
besides if you dont have anything illegal or are doingt anything illegal you have nothing to worry about. If we are indeed doing anything illegal and know it is and get nailed for it do we really have the right to b!+ch about getting caught?

After a certain point we would have to ask ourselve "who really was the fool" We all gamble one way or another in life and know the consenquences of our actions before we get caught. It all boils down to how long one can get away with something before being in the wrong place at the the right time. Maybe thats the thrill of it I dont know but we are all adults and know what we are doing for the most part anyways......

LOL I always shake my head at people that bitch about getting caught doing something they shouldn't have been doing in the first place. They start bitching at the cop that stopped them for speeding as if it was the cops fault.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.