• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC at the tolls and scales

If you have a license or are engaging in an activity that requires a license, you can be fined without a warning. In any other case, you must get a written warning first and then repeat the activity. I have only seem them ask people to give them amps, never radios. If you give them your equipment, you will still get either a fine or a written warning. Only exception is if the agent likes the equipment and keeps it for himself and doesn't write up a report.

Reactions: 1 person
Arrest, ban, confiscate, no probable cause, lockup, cite, fine, prosecute, etc Americans so the rest of the world can talk on their ten meter amplified no height restricted antenna radio's so there won't be any annoying skip from us to maybe get in their way! Other countries outside the US would never punish their citizens for using their radio's It takes the US to get in everyone's business waste millions of tax dollars off the hard working US citizens to punish it's own citizens and their is always 50% of US citizens to go along with passing never ending laws. How come Americans don't seem to care that the rest of the world talks regularly on channel 9? I guarndamntee you if we were doing this all the "keep punishing Americans by Americans" would be up in arms! I could go on & on but I need to stop because this crap is going to get worse and worse. A great President said once "united we stand divided we fall" well I believe he was referring to outside take over but we ended up taking over ourselves go figure that one out.

Last edited:
Thats funny,

If you have a license or are engaging in an activity that requires a license, you can be fined without a warning. In any other case, you must get a written warning first and then repeat the activity. I have only seem them ask people to give them amps, never radios. If you give them your equipment, you will still get either a fine or a written warning. Only exception is if the agent likes the equipment and keeps it for himself and doesn't write up a report.
Dont think so.They cleaned house back in 1991 and early 92 in my area.And took the equipment in lue of fines.Ine was on 27.425lsb and pulled in his drive way,and said take it.After he was told if he wanted it,he had to pay the fine.It might be dif now.But old Rob Ramage now KC enforcement head was the one that got him.
I dont worry about it,have nothing but HF stuff.If they want to stop for coffee,fine.But not during a Cards game.

That's only half of it. Next comes the letter that get's sent to the address on the door of the truck. I am sure trucking company's would give drivers the option of their job or the front door and their radio gear.

apparently some of the newer members here dont know who Shioda is.

i'll leave it up to him if he wants to introduce himself, but those of us who already know who he is, well, we listen to him.

i read through all the posts here wondering if he would show up.
if you want to refute him, you better get your ducks in a row.
LC

Reactions: 3 people
apparently some of the newer members here dont know who Shioda is.

i'll leave it up to him if he wants to introduce himself, but those of us who already know who he is, well, we listen to him.

i read through all the posts here wondering if he would show up.
if you want to refute him, you better get your ducks in a row.
LC
Thats perfectly fine, if his credintinals stack up then I will accept his opinion/knowledge.

Yep. Pretty much spells it out that they don't have authority to enter your home or vehicle under the constitution, but do have the right to check your equipment. If you refuse to let them in to check the equipment and you have an amateur license, they can fine you without any further action. If you don't have a license and aren't engaging in an activity for which you need a license, then they have to give you a written citation with 30 days to respond. After the 30 days, they can again ask to check your equipment. If you haven't remedied the situation in those 30 days, well there's not a lot to say about that.

If any of the users get cited for amps, there's not a lot I can do for you. If you get cited for transceivers, I might be able to help. By the way, a lot of the field agents have never used a CB radio in their life. They go off that old list of names the judge said they couldn't rely on. I just had a guy call me two weeks ago because the FCC was telling him his Galaxy 979 was illegal because it wasn't certified.

Yep. Pretty much spells it out that they don't have authority to enter your home or vehicle under the constitution, but do have the right to check your equipment. If you refuse to let them in to check the equipment and you have an amateur license, they can fine you without any further action.

Suppose the persons license has expired? Does the automatic right to inspect expire with the license if it was not renewed?

If you don't have a license and aren't engaging in an activity for which you need a license, then they have to give you a written citation with 30 days to respond. After the 30 days, they can again ask to check your equipment. If you haven't remedied the situation in those 30 days, well there's not a lot to say about that.

If any of the users get cited for amps, there's not a lot I can do for you. If you get cited for transceivers, I might be able to help. By the way, a lot of the field agents have never used a CB radio in their life. They go off that old list of names the judge said they couldn't rely on. I just had a guy call me two weeks ago because the FCC was telling him his Galaxy 979 was illegal because it wasn't certified.

I thought only Galaxy radios with the 4 digit numbers such as the 2547 were type certified and that all 3 digit models were "export". Is that incorrect or has that changed?

Having been here a while, I can vouch for Shioda as being the most qualified forum member to answer these questions when he stops in and that is an asset that is appreciated.

They have the right to inspect all equipment, whether you are licensed or not. However, if you have a license and refuse inspection they can fine you immediately. If your license is expired, they have to give you a written warning first. That gives you time to clean up your act.

I don't know how galaxy numbers their radios. I thought Ranger picked the numbers. However, the 959 is a CB and the 29 is 10 meter. So they might be using 2 numbers for 10 meter and 3 numbers for CB.

simple solution. sunset CB on 11 meters. put it on a set of frequencies that does not skip like 11 meters. or just relax the rules enjoy the commerce and tax revenue that this activity generate. this is a old discussion and will never be solved until and when the cb service as we know it today is ended. Change the frequencies to the 50 MHZ band or something like that. this is starting to sound like a old Radio Ray post. ( God rest his soul). 73

What is all boils down to is if you have equipment that is illegal or you know other people have been busted with and you continue with using it or having it hooked up then its your choice to take that chance but dont complain and be shocked if you ever got nailed yourself as its a no brainer!! "Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

Its our own choice to gamble and or play monkey see monkey do and as long as people keep doing what they know is illegal or what others have gotten introuble for then we will continue to see and hear about people getting the @$$ into hot water just like the people before them that they have heard about. Its all about choices and gambling how much money you dont mind paying when or if busted or cited.

Your right it will never end and people will just keep getting nailed and we will get to read their stories we live in a world where people dont care until the hammer drops and a world where people will continue to gamble with it and take that chance its luck of the draw and we run our own lives and take are own chances and in the end cant cry if that hammer does fall.

Its our choice to make and do what we do we know the rules and if we want to live on the edge than so be it its what we are gonna do. The best thing to do is just get a savings account that way if the iron fist come crashing down you say so what heres my fine money and then doit again but go bigger better and louder its only money and will they really get ya twice?? I mean hell that would be harassment then right? ;)

Reactions: 3 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.