• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Cites California Retailer for Marketing Unauthorized RF Devices

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
The FCC has issued a Citation and Order to DNJ Radio of Fremont, California, for violating its rules by marketing non-certified amplifiers and kits via its Internet website. The FCC’s San Francisco office investigated complaints and “confirmed that DNJ Radio was offering for sale non-certified RM Italy linear amplifiers and amplifier kits capable of operation with both CB 11 meter transceivers ...

More...

Seems that the FCC is fishing.

This guy buys these amps from a wholesaler here in the US and has the use disclaimer posted for each amp. It is up to the end user to use it legally or not. If the Feds and the FCC don't like it; then they should keep these products out of the country in the first place. It is THEIR responsibility to do just that; and NOT to make US citizens victims for their interpretation of the law.

Income tax was also paid for all of these transactions.

They are errantly singling out a young family man running a legitimate business.

I know and talk to Frank each time I see him at each Ham swap meet here in Cupertino.

Last edited:
Seems that the FCC is fishing.

This guy buys these amps from a wholesaler here in the US and has the use disclaimer posted for each amp. It is up to the end user to use it legally or not. If the Feds and the FCC don't like it; then they should keep these products out of the country in the first place. It is THEIR responsibility to do just that; and NOT to make US citizens victims for their interpretation of the law.

Income tax was also paid for all of these transactions.

They are errantly singling out a young family man running a legitimate business.

I know and talk to Frank each time I see him at each Ham swap meet here in Cupertino.

I could say the same thing about selling drugs. It is up to the end user to use them right and up to the police and customs officials to keep it out of the country and off the streets.

The fact is, if I understand it, you may not offer for sale any amplifier capable of operating on 11m that is not certified by the FCC or something to that effect. Right? Wrong? Posting a disclaimer is just another way to get around something known to be illegal.

Reactions: 1 person
texas star's whole cw transmitter idea seems to work for them,, cw board installed, advertised as a cw transmitter, middle man removes board or sells as cw transmitter only with instructions on how to remove cw board

I could say the same thing about selling drugs. It is up to the end user to use them right and up to the police and customs officials to keep it out of the country and off the streets.

The fact is, if I understand it, you may not offer for sale any amplifier capable of operating on 11m that is not certified by the FCC or something to that effect. Right? Wrong? Posting a disclaimer is just another way to get around something known to be illegal.

The gov't collected taxes from both the wholesaler and the retailer of these products. The gov'ts eyes were wide open and they knew exactly what it was these guys were selling. These guys were't hiding this stuff; nor did they make any such pretense.

Sorry; but making the jump for comparing them to drugs is ludicrous.

This is clearly entrapment, and the gov't is without excuse for their actions. They have the responsibility to stop the shipment as it reaches port since it comes from another country. So either the items are legal or the gov't has made a mistake. If they want to go after the end user, they may have that right. But they are still incorrect since they not only let this stuff into the country, but have also collected income tax for it - once again.

Mind you, I am not for breaking laws. Fed law says that 11m shall not use amps. Yet they know these amps aren't approved, but let them in? It is apparent that the gov't is getting something out of this both ways. They must be called into account for this. Gov't fraud; scam . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.