• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Cites California Retailer for Marketing Unauthorized RF Devices

The U.S. government agencies that watch over any threats would rely on ship manifests and intelligence to hopefully secure our borders. Certain things would not be allowed into our country say like surplus RPG's,grenades,and such. It's where these shipments are being distributed to. You can't even buy more than three packages of sudafed without someone knowing. The 1099 forms insure than nothing is done in a big way without Big Brother knowing about it. Anything that can be used in a government takedown is heavily regulated.
But,that's just my opinion.

BTW the US FDA says they actually inspect about 1% of food shipments entering the country and US Customs admits to inspecting 5% of other shipments. So much for detection and confiscation at the border. Everything is done on a cost versus risk scale. Since illegal CB amps are pretty much at the bottom of the list I doubt they are going to waste manpower looking for them while melamine laced pet food and lead painted children's toys slips through.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
On the issue of physically checking stuff coming in, you would be supprised.
I used to deal with wood products that were inported in sea-land containers.
Another one was raw sugar (evaprotated cane juice) shipped in 1 metric ton totes from South America.
Out of hundreds of incoming loads, less that 10 a year would have a new U.S. Customs seal in place of the shippers.
I can not fathom the manpower it would take to inspect every single contianer coming into the US.

Jeff

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.