• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC drops hammer on cell phone jammer

I toyed the idea of getting one once. I had a coworker's father that had one. It only covered a few provider's bands so it was kind of hit or miss. But he claims he only used it when the occasion arrived of: loud mouth in the theater, loudmouth in the booth near you at a restaurant, and the incessant talker doing 20mph under the posted limit. The google search of fines was the deterrent.

Reactions: 2 people
Should have given him an award. This cell phone addiction people have is worse than crack.

No doubt. I'd like one of these actually - damned women can't drive anyway and most of them I pass have their heads down facebooking or what the hell ever.

This guy may be on to something however his application uses too much power and is applied at the wrong end of the problem. Perhaps second time offenders caught using their phones while driving should be forced to install a jammer with a maximum range of 5 feet within their own vehicles. The real issue with these jammers is they are indiscriminant. You can't target the devices you want and insure you won't effect other important services like the first responder 800 MHz. public safety band or someone making a 911 cell call.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.