• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Targets Online Retailer in Citation

...they will take all their computers and any paperwork they can find....
Hmmm...customer lists?...credit card transactions?...<gotproof>
Only time will tell
All the Best
BJ

naw,....... the U.S. guberment would never do anything like that:whistle:

What are they referring to the fact that he adds the RFX-75/150 to Cb radios?
The money the folks spend on jacked out modified Cb radios with every color in the rainbow lights is crazy anyway.
As far as amplifiers that put out 8500 watts. That is plain crazy and also dangerous imo.

Reactions: 1 person
Sometimes, I think the FCC gets motivated by some influential ham seeking a political favor. I'm actually surprised they don't start enforcing part 95. It would be a big revenue source, kinda like a red light camera.

Just read part 95 rules. Very interesting.
Being a Amateur radio op who still enjoys CB.
It sure appears some of the same rules apply for general usage from CB to Amateur radio.

What are they referring to the fact that he adds the RFX-75/150 to Cb radios?

As far as Cb radios, any modification to a certified CB radio voids the certification.
So yes, adding channels, RFX-75/150 or modifying for more power output is a nono.

I'm actually surprised they don't start enforcing part 95. It would be a big revenue source, kinda like a red light camera.

Revenue source , but not for the FCC.
Fines do not go directly to the FCC, they get stuck with the same federal budget year after year and the money from the fines gets used to pay for Hookers and Booze for Secret Service agents to party with.
I am sure they want to spend money tracking down rouge Cb operators.
Look at this action we are talking about, how easy can it get.....the guy sat at a computer and gathered all the info needed from the online website.
No Black helicopters, Black vans or mobile direction finding gear, real easy.

Jeff

CB Radios,power supplies and accessories oh my!
Everything else is not found

Funny that they left the words "X-Force" Texas Star", and "CW Transmitters" on their updated page if they are really gone. It looks to me like a case of letting people know they still carry them but are not offering them for sale. You have to call or visit the store and ask about them. Once they feel you are not an FCC agent then you will be permitted to purchase such products.

Smoke and mirrors my friend. Smoke and mirrors.

Funny that they left the words "X-Force" Texas Star", and "CW Transmitters" on their updated page if they are really gone. It looks to me like a case of letting people know they still carry them but are not offering them for sale. You have to call or visit the store and ask about them. Once they feel you are not an FCC agent then you will be permitted to purchase such products.

Smoke and mirrors my friend. Smoke and mirrors.

That's the way it used to be.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.