• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Targets Online Retailer in Citation

It seems like everyone is gleefully cheering, but I am sure that none of you have any equipment that is in violation of FCC regs, right? None of you have HAM rigs modified for use on 11M and QSO on 38LSB? None of you have CBs that are modified? I am sorry but I doubt that.

Lighten up a little bit will you?
I do not see any cheerleading going on, just members expressing their opinions.

Jeff

It seems like everyone is gleefully cheering, but I am sure that none of you have any equipment that is in violation of FCC regs, right? None of you have HAM rigs modified for use on 11M and QSO on 38LSB? None of you have CBs that are modified? I am sorry but I doubt that.

I'll be the first to jump in and state rather emphatically that NO, I do NOT have any gear that does not meet FCC regs/Industry Canada regs. My 2m IC-2000H is not modified for out of band operation. My Kenwood TS-820S is not and never will be modded to operate on 11m nor will my Yaesu FT-857D. No need for it. I haven't operated on 11m in about 20 years or more. I prefer to modify other gear to work INSIDE the ham bands than to modify ham gear to operate OUTSIDE the bands. Just making things clear where I stand that's all. Others will have to speak for themselves.

The guy that owns that shop may have a family to feed and it is sad to see that his business will be hurt or even fail. If people can't get what they want from him, they will most likely take their money elsewhere. He is just a small business owner who sells CB amps. It isn't like he is a drug dealer or a human trafficker. I feel bad for him.

The guy that owns that shop may have a family to feed and it is sad to see that his business will be hurt or even fail. If people can't get what they want from him, they will most likely take their money elsewhere. He is just a small business owner who sells CB amps. It isn't like he is a drug dealer or a human trafficker. I feel bad for him.

Thousands upon thousands of other business owners operate within the law. Why can't he? If illegal amp sales are the difference between eating and not then he has much bigger business troubles than the FCC staring him down.

Reactions: 2 people
There really aren't an abundance of CB shops, and I think that the ones that do operate within the allowed parameters don't really exist, unless Walmart and Target is considered a CB shop. They do sell CBs, but probably not many.

Either way, I see this turning into an argument so I'm done with this thread. We all have our opinions and they are just different. I can leave it at that.

I'll bet I could find an excuse for anything if I had to. The guy knew it was illegal but wanted the 'easy money'. He got caught, so where's his legitimate complaint? I don't think he has one. If you do something that you know is wrong, what makes you think it won't 'catch up to you'? Another one bites the dust, big deal.
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person
Just remember that every time you give aid or advice to someone about amplifier installation for 11M that you are promoting the same criminal acts as this guy was involved in. And as far as scrutinizing the law breaker, next time you light up, speed, tailgate, not come to a complete stop at a stop sign, tune HF rig down to 11m, not wear a seatbelt, not cross in a crosswalk, etc., remember that we all decide which laws we follow and which ones we think really don't apply. That is everyone, including me. Like Jesus said, "let he, who lives among you without sin, cast the first stone."

He spoke to the good ole boys who totally got away from following God and made up their own religious traditions
Here's a letter to the church
1 Peter 2:13-17 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Last edited:
Yes, we should. And women too. God says to love others as He loves us.

I am not saying that this person doesn't deserve punishment. I am just pointing out that we don't have to cheer about it. We are all God's creation, and as such, we should be good to each other.

There is a difference between cheering that someone got busted and cheering that another source of crap RFI generating class C splatter boxes has been eliminated. That's the way I see it.

roadrage,
I really doubt if I'm responsible for any action you take, no matter what advice I may give about almost any subject. If you, or anyone asks a question that I can answer I tend to answer that question. What you or anyone else does with that answer is your or their responsibility, not mine. It works the other way around too. If I do something then the results of that something are my responsibility, not yours, or what's his names.
I haven't, and don't tell or advise anyone to do something illegal. I wish I could some times, but my conscience would bother me. I know what's right and wrong and really do try to do the right thing.
- 'Doc

I haven't, and don't tell or advise anyone to do something illegal. I wish I could some times, but my conscience would bother me. I know what's right and wrong and really do try to do the right thing.
- 'Doc

I have told a few people to do something that was immoral before. Maybe even illegal in a few states as well. :whistle:

... and I'll bet that the telling of that immoral/illegal thingy was done in such a way that it pretty well gave the one you told a good idea of just exactly what you meant. Probably not much doubt in their mind... sort of?
I NEVER do such a thing! To the same person more than 3 or 4 times. No idea why it takes that many times to get the point across, but I figure it's because it takes longer to force some concepts through such a tiny mind?
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.