1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Finally got my Base Station up and Running!!

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by AmericanEagle575, Aug 15, 2020.

1. G GOLLY WAlly

G GOLLY WAlly WDX 719 / Waldo on AM

Yeah, then again my wife may have different plans, I'm not even going to act like I'm the boss. Lol!!

I have a confession to make. My radio room has became her other pantry, but I'm allowed to have a corner of it for my radio room. 20210131_193944.jpg
    I'm definitely not the boss, but like they say if momma ain't happy nobody's happy. :whistle:

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Now you need a coffee pot and a microwave and you would be set.

3. S&W357

S&W357 $upporting Member N.C. WDX-556

That looks like a perfect location for a radio room. Canned beans, snacks, and fridge all close by. (y)

4. GA1dad

GA1dad Member

Congrats on the new setup!!

G GOLLY WAlly likes this.
  5. AmericanEagle575

AmericanEagle575 Sr. Member

Thank you,I decided to switch back to the Ranger 2950Dx hooked up to a 12 amp pryamid power supply,more power(40 watts compared to 12 watts on SSB)my setup is working out great!!

6. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

He ain’t the man I think he is he can’t hide a keg-a-rator amidst all that.

G GOLLY WAlly and S&W357 like this.
  7. G GOLLY WAlly

Not a bad idea Slow! But I probably shouldn't push my luck or she may take my corner away from me.

S&W357, HomerBB and Slowmover like this.
  8. BJ radionut

BJ radionut Supporting Member and 6m addict

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    That's why I carved a 12 ft. x 25 ft. space in the garage...as long as she can park HER car and get to Washer/Dryer without my "STUFF" in her path...we b good:whistle::LOL:

9. G GOLLY WAlly

I've been a little silent, been sandbagging on here some, hope everyone has been well. I have my Maddison set up with a 102 ss whip for my antenna, I'm not hearing anything but static, I'll admit I threw the antenna up quickly it's not perfect but good swrs, could be better though, anyway I have a transformer and a lamplight on a poll in my backyard and I think it's playing heck with my receive. I probably need to move the antenna further away from it, I'm thinking this may help. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

357magnum and Slowmover like this.
  10. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

Love my UNIDEN 980SSB.I Sold 114 CB's several months ago including several of the side microphone Cobra 148 GTL's & a whole bunch more but I kept the First Series 980SSB because I just love the little radio.It's got a hot receiver & with the Astatic 575-M6 microphone I get great audio reports.It's a great little combination in my opinion & I've been doing this since 1965 & I don't see anything not to like other than the Stupid Talkback Crap which will NEVER be turned on as long as I own it.I also have an Antron 99 at just 30 ft & I have worked the world on it.So many Haters of the 980SSB & the Antron but like them or not they just work. :p:D

SIX-SHOOTER