• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally got my Base Station up and Running!!

Lotsa big antennas.
Yeah, then again my wife may have different plans, I'm not even going to act like I'm the boss. Lol!!

I have a confession to make. My radio room has became her other pantry, but I'm allowed to have a corner of it for my radio room.
20210131_193944.jpg

I'm definitely not the boss, but like they say if momma ain't happy nobody's happy. :whistle:

Yeah, then again my wife may have different plans, I'm not even going to act like I'm the boss. Lol!!

I have a confession to make. My radio room has became her other pantry, but I'm allowed to have a corner of it for my radio room. View attachment 42828
I'm definitely not the boss, but like they say if momma ain't happy nobody's happy. :whistle:
Now you need a coffee pot and a microwave and you would be set.

Well good afternoon Friends, as you might remember in my last post,I was slowly starting to put together my base station,well there's been a change in radios,went from the Ranger 2950 to the brand New Uniden 980 and the receive is night and day from the Ranger , it's so much better on the Uniden!!

View attachment 39651 Finally got everything hooked up to the Antron 99 and I checked the Swr on 1 and 40 and they were 1.1 on channel 1 and 40 was 1.3, didn't have to adjust anything!! I spent 2 hours on the roof getting everything ready ( my dad was my spotter just in case) and everything is going well!! I usually hang out on 38 LSB listening and my numbers are 575!!! Hope all of my radio friends have a great day and God Bless you all!!!

Steve
AE # 575

Congrats on the new setup!!

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
I have a confession to make. My radio room has became her other pantry, but I'm allowed to have a corner of it for my radio room.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's why I carved a 12 ft. x 25 ft. space in the garage...as long as she can park HER car and get to Washer/Dryer without my "STUFF" in her path...we b good:whistle::LOL:

I've been a little silent, been sandbagging on here some, hope everyone has been well. I have my Maddison set up with a 102 ss whip for my antenna, I'm not hearing anything but static, I'll admit I threw the antenna up quickly it's not perfect but good swrs, could be better though, anyway I have a transformer and a lamplight on a poll in my backyard and I think it's playing heck with my receive. I probably need to move the antenna further away from it, I'm thinking this may help. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Love my UNIDEN 980SSB.I Sold 114 CB's several months ago including several of the side microphone Cobra 148 GTL's & a whole bunch more but I kept the First Series 980SSB because I just love the little radio.It's got a hot receiver & with the Astatic 575-M6 microphone I get great audio reports.It's a great little combination in my opinion & I've been doing this since 1965 & I don't see anything not to like other than the Stupid Talkback Crap which will NEVER be turned on as long as I own it.I also have an Antron 99 at just 30 ft & I have worked the world on it.So many Haters of the 980SSB & the Antron but like them or not they just work. :p:D

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated