• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fine Tune CB shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Spurs were generated by the input signal then you're correct that by using beta-matched components in the final stage of the RF chain it won't prevent them from passing but when they are generated by mismatched components eliminating the nonlinearities will fix the problem.

You are droning on and on.
Can you perform the calculations I asked for above or are you just going to go on and on about changing transistors to fix a non-linearity problem that may not even exist?
Do you understand that these spurious signals may not even make it to the final stage to start with?

Let's try this again.
I saw a few "Fine Tune CB Shop" videos of Lincoln 2 radios or Stryker radios that are virtually identical
To generate a carrier at 28Mhz it takes 38.695Mhz and mixes 10.695Mhz to get there.

Now what "Fine Tune" seems to do frequently is set his span to what I assume is 30Mhz. If there was any leakage getting by we should see the 38Mhz signal but we won't see the 10.695Mhz because it's beyond 15Mhz to each side of center.
But we don't see the 38Mhz signal do we? It's gone. filtered. As it should be.
We don't see the ~49Mhz signal either, which is the sum of the 38 and 10Mhz signals.
That's off to the opposite side.
When he goes to look at the second harmoic @ ~54Mhz we still don't see the ~49Mhz signals.

That is because the system is operating properly, as designed!

If anything would be intermodulated it would be those signals along with the desired frequency. But they are not there.
Why is that?
If these signals are not present or at such small amplitudes to be in the thermal noise then there is no concern that it could be amplified now is there? All of the noise would be amplified along with them so why are we trying to prevent amplification of imaginary signals?

So please stop. It's nonsense. Show me where these mixing products are even getting past the bandpass filter to start with.

The trick is figuring out where the problem lies and rectifying that problem instead of making assumptions about where the problem lies when the radio is not on your bench if you even have one which we have yet to see.

He posted his workbench in another thread.
I know you saw it.
And yes, he has the proper equipment to see it.
Don't act like a two year old because you are being asked to back up your assertions and that of "Fine Tune CB shop"

Some of us that actually know a thing or two can sniff out the inaccuracies, double talk, and projection.

Meanwhile...

While he shouts "Beta" from the pulpit...

I'll make it easy Mr. Pork Chop.

R1R2.jpg

Now, I'll make it easy for you,

What is the Purpose of R1 and R2 in the above Circuit?

Nothing funny going on here, just asking - I'll even let you cheat. This is a Audio amp - in the most basic sense - single stage - no "Extra paring" - just R1 and R2...so there is a frequency component involved - but right now, we will stay focused on your knowledge of the basics in DC - since you presume (level) a lot from us, we do expect to hear from you - soon....

But I will state that others reviewing your work, may post ahead of you.

:+> Andy <+:

56516181.jpg

Captain,
Surely you are of the notion, "This thread has reached the end of its intellectual capacity." :ROFLMAO:

Guess not. (n)

I've seen some good peeing contests in these forums and have to say this one is headed for the Top Ten. (y)

However, we have strayed a bit from the thread's subject matter. Perhaps a new one entitled, Harmonics and Spurs: What every Radio Operator Should Know, would be better. ;)

We did learn something.
That this "Fine Tune CB" person is full of it.

But then it will become "my opinion" or that I am somehow neglecting the "laws of physics".

But there are a lot of standing questions. Let's see if we get answers to them.
If arguments come instead of answers, then it's obvious nonsense.

Then we can go talk about @OldTech03's workbench, that he apparently doesn't have. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.