• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fine Tune CB shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.
Thanks for the Geography lesson.

I wonder what people that have more over the road experience in ALL 50 States than most people think of people that have more over the road experience in 48 states than most people?

I'll bet the feel superior! They probably should.

73's
David

48?

Really?

Then why bore us?

What I hear is a DSP.

There's no other way about this...

Your "Watergate" became "Wastegate" because of your Noise Gate.

I'm well aware of Wilkes-Barre PA and Schenectady NY has some of the bigger bases you'd hear out there - and when I started to hear the lack of noise and how all the heterodyne, off frequency Galaxy drivers and the simple radios - all sounded the same "tone" (some you edited and "altered" - check your 11 Min mark you even got "clowned") By your lies - you proved you are not running legally and represent what you claim to be, and you are disrespecting those that COULD help you - but by your conduct and actions from people like you - they cannot trust you. So they will offer to fix a radio - returning it to stock and offer their services standing behind their work. To convert is a liability AGAINST FCC rules. But you throw them under a bus using your own words. So, why don't you rethink your statements about how you feel the "Guy At The CB Shop" .

Because there are those that will refuse to provide service and have the right to - by your conduct alone. They've been "had" before - by clowns dressed up like you - and your double-speak. They have the right to refuse service if they think you can use the products they sell as a means to harm others.

You're doing this very thing - right now.

I've got the utmost respect for the guys who refuse to do anything illegal like converting "export" radios for 11 meter

Unless you come up with the proof, you are a phony.

By your own example, we hear you thru your DSP. We listened - by your own hand, running an Illegal radio - the only radios I know that run DSP's like that are NOT CB's (exports).

So quit lying. Don't like us using the word? Then show proof - it's that simple.

48? LOL! You need to stop at those "CB Shops" and talk to those "CB Guys" and double check - last count - we had 50 states, but obviously - you're not counting...

Better check their flag - make sure...

Now, I'll cut you a pointer - when you use the phrase "48" in the same sentence with the word "States" - better use Contiguous with it.

Now - run along.

48?

Really?

Then why bore us?

What I hear is a DSP.

There's no other way about this...

Your "Watergate" became "Wastegate" because of your Noise Gate.

I'm well aware of Wilkes-Barre PA and Schenectady NY has some of the bigger bases you'd hear out there - and when I started to hear the lack of noise and how all the heterodyne, off frequency Galaxy drivers and the simple radios - all sounded the same "tone" (some you edited and "altered" - check your 11 Min mark you even got "clowned") By your lies - you proved you are not running legally and represent what you claim to be, and you are disrespecting those that COULD help you - but by your conduct and actions from people like you - they cannot trust you. So they will offer to fix a radio - returning it to stock and offer their services standing behind their work. To convert is a liability AGAINST FCC rules. But you throw them under a bus using your own words. So, why don't you rethink your statements about how you feel the "Guy At The CB Shop" .

Because there are those that will refuse to provide service and have the right to - by your conduct alone. They've been "had" before - by clowns dressed up like you - and your double-speak. They have the right to refuse service if they think you can use the products they sell as a means to harm others.

You're doing this very thing - right now.

Unless you come up with the proof, you are a phony.

By your own example, we hear you thru your DSP. We listened - by your own hand, running an Illegal radio - the only radios I know that run DSP's like that are NOT CB's (exports).

So quit lying. Don't like us using the word? Then show proof - it's that simple.

48? LOL! You need to stop at those "CB Shops" and talk to those "CB Guys" and double check - last count - we had 50 states, but obviously - you're not counting...

Better check their flag - make sure...

Now, I'll cut you a pointer - when you use the phrase "48" in the same sentence with the word "States" - better use Contiguous with it.

Now - run along.
When 48 states are mentioned, the word contiguous is implied and I apologize if you weren't smart enough to know that. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: fourstringburn
Ok, Scot.

Let's look at this a little differently.

You promote a guys ability to provide LOWNOISE HIGH PERFORMANCE receive in a radio - correct?

But the point you make is that it is a CB Radio.

No, it's not - - it's a Stryker 955 - CONVERTED. You have what older techs call "Export" radio. Anytone 6666 is another - you can't buy these in any store. Nor would that store want to handle the liability of "converted" returns.

Only ones that can sell it - "send" you to another "location" even within the store itself - but they are able to SELL IT LEGALLY - it is up to you on how you use it.

Once it's converted - you OWN it.

You're using a CONVERTED RADIO - check your Vid channel dude...so you DISCREDIT the CB Shops because they don't want to deal with a guy like you because they have been down that road already. They don't want to jeopardize their licenses' business or otherwise - to cater to your needs.

Someone has already done all the hard work for your "tech".

Even a You tube vid...

So there's nothing new here. You're promoting a procedure that was publicly published, used by others for a radio DESIGNED for it to be a drop in. Ok?

You don't have anything special - many other drivers are using this same radio now.

The guy that does your work "copies" this process.

Plagiarism is rampant these days - be aware of it.

I happened along because someone thought I needed a laugh so here I am.
Nut sure I am laughing however.

Say what you want.
The rest of us hear a relay - SSB delay.

I went over and over the 11 minutes and I don't hear what I would think is a relay.
What I think it may be is the opening and closing of the contacts in the microphone.

Not convinced.

Not one bit.
Me neither.

The Vids audio has been processed - I know that area well - had to travel it to get to New Jersey, PA and New York. Six month time-span with the various noise levels in the seasons - no - not real, you processed the audio.

HEAVILY PROCESSED.
What some of this sounds like to me is input noise on an ADC.

Your reference to "impedance mis-match" is pure BS, it recorded it all - no gain issues - just your "overweight" processing of the audio - as if you wanted to "chop" - you can hear the filtering going on. Don't blame the recorder either - your "Watergate" is "Wastegate"

What I can glean here is that the video is at the referenced 11 minutes is a person talking (unintelligible) and a roger beep.
The muffling of that unintelligible person sounds DSP related.

There were definitely Spurs with the mismatched finals. It was definitely not a candidate for an amplifier that's for sure.

Elaborate? What spurs do you see from mismatched transistors?
The only circuits that are going to get matched pairs of transistors are in areas where it is super critical. A CB transmitter isn't one of them.

Reactions: dave457
You're using a CONVERTED RADIO - check your Vid channel dude...so you DISCREDIT the CB Shops because they don't want to deal with a guy like you because they have been down that road already. They don't want to jeopardize their licenses' business or otherwise - to cater to your needs.

What I have seen - and if you use Google and do a little bit of searching is that Mr Rabbi here attacks anyone that does anything to a CB radio.
It's more than a simple "I like Fine Tune CB Shop" - its an obsession.
If another person likes something or someone else they are attacked relentlessly.
It's not a simple "to each his own"

This sort of behavior is dangerous. It may appeal to some types but to others the shameless promotion and downright unethical and immoral behavior of Mr. Rabbi here casts a very, very poor light on "Fine Tune CB Shop" for not denouncing these antics done in his businesses' name.

Pretty fascinating receive mobile to mobile with mountains in between us and no amplifiers involved. The hissing sound you're listening to is caused by the impedance mismatch between the speaker output of my radio and the input of my digital recorder. Mile marker 152 on Interstate 81 to mile marker 107 off Interstate 81 in Pennsylvania. This would be easy to do with a couple cars but when one of the vehicles is a Kenworth W900 it makes it a lot trickier.

I spent 22 years in commercial broadcasting and dealt HEAVILY with audio circuits and impedances and never, not once, did I ever encounter a situation where impedance mismatching caused HISSSSSSSSSS. It would affect levels, and roll off the frequency response if the mismatch was great enough, but it NEVER caused a hissssss. Using extreme high gain amplifiers will do it as will using an improper amplifying device for the application such as an LM386 chip which is designed for power out as a preamp for a microphone. It will do it but you will have HISSSSS.

Since my radio has done things that has yet to be duplicated (with documentation) I haven't really felt an urgent need to send it off to Sherwood just yet but when I do I'll let you guys know. I'm glad I didn't send it off when I mentioned it since Palomar came out with those beta matched transistors recently and after having the radio redone correctly with the Palomar transistors it will impress Sherwood a lot more. There were definitely Spurs with the mismatched finals. It was definitely not a candidate for an amplifier that's for sure.

Always a different excuse every time I bring it back up.

0d0.jpg

Since my radio has done things that has yet to be duplicated (with documentation) I haven't really felt an urgent need to send it off to Sherwood just yet but when I do I'll let you guys know. I'm glad I didn't send it off when I mentioned it since Palomar came out with those beta matched transistors recently and after having the radio redone correctly with the Palomar transistors it will impress Sherwood a lot more. There were definitely Spurs with the mismatched finals. It was definitely not a candidate for an amplifier that's for sure.

So "Fine Tune CB Shop" did it incorrectly the first time and now has to correct the mistake? Did you get a refund or was this repair done for free?

Why do I get the feeling that Sherwood isn't going to be impressed with a CB radio's transmitter? I took a quick glance at the list. I did not see any CB radios. What I saw were high end amateur radios with a mix of possible commercial radios. None of this $300 CB radio stuff. Why? Because it's unimportant.

If you are concerned with "spurs" - which I interpret to be harmonics why don't you insert a bandpass filter between the radio and the amplifier? That will certainly help if it's a concern.

You cannot get rid of harmonics. They are there no matter what you do. That's why they are reduced to acceptable levels.

Another thing regarding the video that I want to point out is the description I just went to read:
Tell your "tech" to put up or shut up!!!! Talk is cheap. Results are priceless. Anybody can flap their gums for an hour trying to convince you that results like this are impossible or too good to be true, but very few can deliver results like this. Watch out for the guys that tell you anybody with an IQ of 65 can accomplish flawless results attempting to tune a receiver. They are partially correct when they say this but they are simply following a service manual without doing any engineering to improve the design of the receiver. Yes it's true any retard with an IQ of 65 can follow a service manual to deliver mediocre results. If they can't show you a receiver that performs like this one they are stealing your money. Recorder noise was filtered out with audacity to replicate what I was hearing through my headphones. Plugging my recorder into my radio creates an impedance mismatch which generates noise that otherwise wouldn't be there. If they say "it's impossible" or "too good to be true" it means they can't do it. When they say it's just a matter of turning a couple screws that would be true if following a service manual but without AGC modifications and without audio frequency modifications you're not going to get receive like this. Service manuals are totally useless when you're trying to achieve results like this.

Let's take a look at this...
Tell your "tech" to put up or shut up!!!! Talk is cheap.
I am assuming that "tech" in quotes here is meant to be derogatory or demeaning or emphasis would not be added.

Results are priceless.
Results are what matters, but certainly not "priceless"

Anybody can flap their gums for an hour trying to convince you that results like this are impossible or too good to be true, but very few can deliver results like this.
Oh, this is "priceless" - more in a minute.

Watch out for the guys that tell you anybody with an IQ of 65 can accomplish flawless results attempting to tune a receiver.
I searched for this. I could never find anyone that made an assertion that someone with an IQ of 65 - mind you a subjective measurement of intelligence - could tune a receiver. Can you cite a reference?

If they can't show you a receiver that performs like this one they are stealing your money.
The money shot! They are "stealing your money"

Recorder noise was filtered out with audacity to replicate what I was hearing through my headphones.

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!
You admit to using audacity to FILTER AND CLEAN UP the audio that you allegedly heard?

Let's go back:

Anybody can flap their gums for an hour trying to convince you that results like this are impossible or too good to be true, but very few can deliver results like this.
The only way "Fine Tune CB Shop" achieved these results was because you processed the audio.

If they can't show you a receiver that performs like this one they are stealing your money.
I guess you got ripped off, too.
Otherwise you would not have to process the audio to get what you want to hear.

Wow. Just wow.

So "Fine Tune CB Shop" did it incorrectly the first time and now has to correct the mistake? Did you get a refund or was this repair done for free?

Why do I get the feeling that Sherwood isn't going to be impressed with a CB radio's transmitter? I took a quick glance at the list. I did not see any CB radios. What I saw were high end amateur radios with a mix of possible commercial radios. None of this $300 CB radio stuff. Why? Because it's unimportant.

If you are concerned with "spurs" - which I interpret to be harmonics why don't you insert a bandpass filter between the radio and the amplifier? That will certainly help if it's a concern.

You cannot get rid of harmonics. They are there no matter what you do. That's why they are reduced to acceptable levels.
Big difference between spurs and harmonics. Let me enlighten you. Both are bad. I see two harmonics but lots of spurs.
1530676044618.png

I know what spurs are. And I know what Harmonics are.

I want to know what YOU think they are because far too many of these people doing radios call harmonics "spurs".

So, I am not enlightened, but thank you for answering my question.

I know what spurs are. And I know what Harmonics are.

I want to know what YOU think they are because far too many of these people doing radios call harmonics "spurs".

So, I am not enlightened, but thank you for answering my question.

Let me help with this they are "HARMONIC SPURS" and they are as much a process of the non linear response of the ADC than being anything terrible but it matters not because they exist mostly as integral multiples of the input freq with some harmonic distortions added to the mix, another words there are many unimportant spurs in life as well as in spectrum analyzers, etc That's about all I have to say about that! hope that was not as generic and boring as it sounds it's a result of lost memories of being a calibration tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.