• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fine Tune CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile and base applications are 2 different things
Really??? As per Marks theory on coax lengths, how so?
Among other things you don't have velocity to worry about in a base station, I seem to remember that being discussed here before.:whistle:

But....but....but.....what about the velocity factor of that cable?
See above.;)

So does that mean radio theories are unique to 11 meters and don't apply to the rest of the radio spectrum?
This was already answered here:
Then again 11 meters has it's own theory that doesn't apply to Amatuer bands. CaptainKilowatt taught us that.:barefoot:

PS: this thread is moving so fast it's getting hard to keep up. So much information, so little time.(y)

Come on 'chop. You're still online but aren't doing any splainin'. Call mark and ask him where his terminating resistors are.

All he needs to do is use one like a dummy load and run a good deadkey through it. That will smoke the resistor and he can use it in a video to prove himself right.

need i say more..you know who it is

Attachments

• 13769455_817074071725533_6613899231577293442_n.jpg
    13769455_817074071725533_6613899231577293442_n.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: 222DBFL
I appear to be the only person in this forum that respects the laws of physics enough to acknowledge the existence of capacitive reactance and inductive reactance on every single RF test bench in the country.

Reactions: Old_Crow
I appear to be the only person in this forum that respects the laws of physics enough to acknowledge the existence of capacitive reactance and inductive reactance on every single RF test bench in the country.

You just lack understanding. This is why I asked about those terminating resistors. What do you think those are for?

Look at the pic in post 139. There is a bnc T with one end open. This is where the resistor would go. Looks like he figured out the coax magic didn't work that way and threw the resistor in the junk box.

What he's doing with his test equipment isn't much different than the trucker with a bad ground trying to set his swr by cutting the coax. It just looks impressive to you because he's using expensive equipment vs a swr meter from the truck stop.

While you're looking at that pic note the negative peaks. They aren't as sharp pointed as the positives and are starting to square off. Even though they aren't near hitting baseline there is some distortion of the waveform. Not uncommon for wacky packs, NPC mods, volting finals....you know, the usual hack job stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
You just lack understanding. This is why I asked about those terminating resistors. What do you think those are for?

Look at the pic in post 139. There is a bnc T with one end open. This is where the resistor would go. Looks like he figured out the coax magic didn't work that way and threw the resistor in the junk box.

What he's doing with his test equipment isn't much different than the trucker with a bad ground trying to set his swr by cutting the coax. It just looks impressive to you because he's using expensive equipment vs a swr meter from the truck stop.

While you're looking at that pic note the negative peaks. They aren't as sharp pointed as the positives and are starting to square off. Even though they aren't near hitting baseline there is some distortion of the waveform. Not uncommon for wacky packs, NPC mods, volting finals....you know, the usual hack job stuff.
If you're talking about that picture , that radio was probably tuned by one of your friends and he was just demonstrating how screwed up the work was. If you bothered to turn up the volume and listen to what he says that was some screwed-up work he had to fix.

It's amazing what a quick Google search brings up. RC you are well know for your kool-aid drinking on other forums, others on those forums are saying the same as here yet you still drink the KA. God bless you for standing by your convictions, wrong as they are but you are a man of purpose. This is my last post on this topic, you have been proven wrong time and time again both here and many other places you post. All I can hope is you will wake up and smell the coffee some day. Good luck and drive safely.

Last edited:
It's amazing what a quick Google search brings up. RC you are well know for your kool-aid drinking on other forums, others on those forums are saying the same as here yet you still drink the KA. God bless you for standing by your convictions, wrong as they are but you are a man of purpose. This is my last post on this topic, you have been proven wrong time and time again both here are many other places you post. All I can hope is you will wake up and smell the coffee some day. Good luck and drive safely.
http://ve2azx.net/technical/CoaxialCableDelay.pdf

This is a pretty good thing to study and understand before you succumb to the cable length means nothing crowd.

Reactance varies with frequency Due to capacitance and inductance.
Capacitance and inductance cause phase shift which Alters what you see on an oscilloscope.

Chip from Ranger radios supposedly is the guy that designed the HR 2510 understands this very well unlike most ham radio operators.

Like I said many times before I'm always looking for a better radio technician but after 260 technicians from coast to coast it's starting to look like slim pickings.
The more time goes on, it appears the less likely I will be able to find someone more technically proficient.
If anyone feels up to the task I would be more than happy to compare your work to to my equipment and see which one performs better.

Naturally it would have to be identical equipment to be a fair comparison

Last edited:

Oh please......get off your high horse. I have used test benches that would put your buddy techs to shame and coax length was not an issue but proper termination was. It appears that you have no idea that without termination resistors on the open ends of the cable at that BNC jack there will be reflections that may or may not be in phase with the original signal. THAT is what is causing the phase shift. You AND your buddy don't know as much as you think you do.

Last edited:
It's amazing what a quick Google search brings up. RC you are well know for your kool-aid drinking on other forums, others on those forums are saying the same as here yet you still drink the KA. God bless you for standing by your convictions, wrong as they are but you are a man of purpose. This is my last post on this topic, you have been proven wrong time and time again both here are many other places you post. All I can hope is you will wake up and smell the coffee some day. Good luck and drive safely.

Remember this is the same guy that believes he can outperform anyone rx or tx because he uses copper antennas and not aluminum. I should stop now and go back to ignoring this thread before I start calling people things I shouldn't.

Remember this is the same guy that believes he can outperform anyone rx or tx because he uses copper antennas and not aluminum. I should stop now and go back to ignoring this thread before I start calling people things I shouldn't.
The technician gets all the credit for how the radio performs.
Opinions mean absolutely nothing.
The only thing that matters is that none of you want to step up to the plate and produce a magnum S9 matched to an X-Force straight 4 amp and sell those items to me to compare it to what I have and make the results available to the general public here in this forum so the world can know what a great technician you are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.