• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

First AM/FM FCC Approval

What I found interesting is once the FCC approves it, there is a "YES" to a specific clause...

upload_2021-11-13_11-6-40.png
...AND...
upload_2021-11-13_11-9-14.png

So you can purchase...once its available

The link above in the OP - is a "portal" for the FCC Database from the company.

So the above becomes reciprocal...

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-13_11-6-3.png
    upload_2021-11-13_11-6-3.png
    15 KB · Views: 14
Don't understand why only 8 memories in the President Thomas radios. There's a lot more combinations of channel/mode/PL tone than 8. Even the Lincoln II+ only has 6 memory channels.

Last edited:
We used FM, allowed or not, when any of the locals got the urge. I'll also say that most of the locals, well basically all of them, had FM on one radio or another, and it never sounded very good for local chit chat despite being FM, also did not work well since guys were spread all over and signals varied greatly. Had it been an amazing sounding mode for everyone, we all would have used it, most had it already, but it just wasn't pleasant with the radios used. Nobody liked using the squelch either, and sometimes guys would hop on the channel with a signal you couldn't see on a meter, but could hear them on AM / SSB, so with the squelch set / FM, you'd never have heard these guys.

Still, I don't know why FM on CB wasn't legal a long time ago. Seems like a mode that would have been good for CB in many instances.

Suppose it will be interesting to see the various radios it gets added to.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Not trying to hijack a thread. But if I may open this can of worms. Will we eventually have gentlemen's designated FM only channels, like we do for SSB. I am guessing we will just hear warble if someone talks on a channel with AM traffic and someone cuts in with FM. Then again I may not be understanding this correctly. All opinions welcome.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated