• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

First AM/FM FCC Approval

Yeah it sort of looks like CB interest is dieing in general but ham will probably go on for a while. When enough of us old timer fade away so will CB. But I could be wrong ! Some companies only want to invest in fast moving products.
While I am not disagreeing with your post. My local observations are local to my state. I recently got back on CB, been a ham for 27 years. The local activity is lively here and new people are getting on weekly, there is even an informal weekly net. There also appears to Massive hordes of radios in people personal collections. When I first commented on air not being able to find supplies, the locals were able to sell me and even give me what I needed to get a proper setup.

I've also read that CB sales are up from, and the FCC has reported an uptick in licensees. I think covid got people to dust off their radio equipment. I also think "big tech" has got people re-evaluating how they communicate with friends and family.

Maybe this new FM thing will bring some more people in, I know a lot of us have had FM for many years.

While I am not disagreeing with your post.
I hope your right. Right now it is a spotty type thing because a lot of peoples attitudes have changed over the years. Some act as if your trying to seal their tongue if you ask for a radio check or they don't answer at all. I was trying out a new antenna on a hand-held and ask several times if anyone had a copy and someone finally answered with a pizzy attitude like it was too much trouble. American people aren't real Charmers anymore ! LOL

Get an Anytone-6666, 11m conversion is two buttons on the front and it's a great radio out of the box. Do not have anyone "tune" it for you. Just buy one new and get on the air. It's a 10m export and has AM/FM and the SSB that you most definitely want. I have two of them and both put out about 75 watts PEP on SSB according to my meter. My Stryker 955 (which really looks like the same amp section as the Q6) only puts out 10 more watts and actually has less features than the Q6. Both are good, but for around $250 you can't go wrong with the Anytone.
Yep, I also own 2 and they are most definitely an excellent radio. I'm my shack, the anytone has easily outperformed all the other exports in the same power range.

I nominate the quad 6!

Get an Anytone-6666, 11m conversion is two buttons on the front and it's a great radio out of the box. Do not have anyone "tune" it for you. Just buy one new and get on the air. It's a 10m export and has AM/FM and the SSB that you most definitely want. I have two of them and both put out about 75 watts PEP on SSB according to my meter. My Stryker 955 (which really looks like the same amp section as the Q6) only puts out 10 more watts and actually has less features than the Q6. Both are good, but for around $250 you can't go wrong with the Anytone.
Agreed. I slightly prefer the Lincoln II+, but the "mod" on it involves sourcing and soldering in a resistor. If that's a problem, it's simpler to just get the AT-6666. I have both and have no real complaints about either of them.

Reactions: whiteastro
Almost, you have to push a few buttons on the front of the radio in the setup menu.
Is that every time you turn it on or a one time operation? Is the Quad 6 and the Anytone 6666 the same radio just called out differently. I'll start looking at that radio now. I like the thought of up-front cost and no middle man with hidden cost ! By the way what size fuse does the radio use ?

Reactions: WECSOG
I've also read that CB sales are up from, and the FCC has reported an uptick in licensees. I think covid got people to dust off their radio equipment
There would be no uptick in license as cb is license free and has been for years now. There has however been big uptick in ham license along with GMRS.

Found this video while surfing. I guess it didn't paste in proper.

Looking like the radio is out of stock in a lot of places

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
You'll be pleased with that radio. It seems the ones that have not been pleased are the same ones that either tampered or let someone else tamper with the innards of the radio just to get more. There's really no reason to want more powa out of a radio that has plenty out of the box.
I myself did the complete opposite and turned things down a few watts for comfort. Getting close to 4 years now, still working that dx very well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated