• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Flamethrower Galaxy 959

Fair enough, no worries.

The guy selling these on eBay, two auctions for the same radio, two different prices... why? Not a huge difference but still, different.

Almost everything listed is not true, the factory installed stuff is true but why list a factory option or factory installed whatever??

Unlocked clarifier, not on this particular radio it’s not.

Precision aligned & tuned all stages of AM/SSB transmitter & receiver, calibrated frequency counter and performance tuned for Maximum Performance & Output allowed by FCC. Complete comprehensive tune-up using latest computer based avionics certified Tektronix test & alignment equipment.

That’s probably about the only thing I think is a half truth in that auction listing, allowed by the FCC. And that’s because there is no huge power gain, this one came in doing out-the-box numbers. I won’t even comment on the avionics thing...

It’s just not worth the price tag. Buy a 959 and have a shop give it an actual alignment and call it a day, you’ll have the same thing for less money.

Reactions: Slowmover
If what you say they do is really all they do, and still have those kind of sales numbers and positive buyer feedback then perhaps what everything else their competitors do, or claim to do, is not what the average Joe or common truck driver like myself wants.They are obviously rolling in clover and the customers are happy. That's how it's supposed to be in the business world, So hats off to em! .
Enough said, thanks all your honest comments.
WR 409

New Are you confusing me with Rabbi?

I wasn't, I know the differences between both of you.

I was just asking a legitimate question because Rabbiporkchop started this thread and also because I haven't seen any new posts in quite a while.

He is what he is but I find it entertaining sometimes.

I have a 959 - like it a lot - don't care for someone else's fingers in it messing around with my VIRGIN radio...

This thread is a lot like a Drive - In Theatre...
giphy.gif
You know, there are the ones that are serious enough to watch the movie and enjoy the show...

While others are too busy in the back - to pay ANY attention to the Show...

What goes around - comes around...

I wasn't, I know the differences between both of you.

I was just asking a legitimate question because Rabbiporkchop started this thread and also because I haven't seen any new posts in quite a while.

He is what he is but I find it entertaining sometimes.

No, I meant that towards 409, not you. I know all too well that you know the difference, haha.

upload_2020-5-20_9-28-33.png

Being a member myself - having the Facts to support the claims might help your efforts....

Making False claims can help you LOSE your case...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.