• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

For Those Having Trouble With With Computer Lagging With New Site Setup

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I had noticed that I had a lagging problem with a few computers locking up hanging and lagging I tried a few machines I had here for repair aswell and knew what was going on and have seen it before with other sites. For multiple reasons an internet browser cand and does glitch with certain sites. Now this may happen from time to time or maybe all the time depending on a number of things starting from Firewalls, Internet Security program settings ETC. Ive noticed the biggest culprit or trouble maker is "Internet Explorer"

I use Internet Explorer 98% of the time but had all of last year that I couldnt use it on Facebook and a few other sites from time to time with Worldwide Radio Forum be ing one of the sites that time to time Internet Explorer would not play well with. Anyways you may notice this a day or 2 here and thaer or may notice trouble for and extended time period Im going to tell you what to do in these cases where your locking up or lagging.

9 times out of 10 its NOT the site!!! Its trouble with your Browser you are using to surf the net "Yes they can glitch" I have seen this as I said more often with Internet Explorer. Download a second "Internet Browser" There are a few to choose from I use "Mozilla Firefox" as a backup. At times it will run smoother with certain sites so give it a try, its free and you can always have that option of using it. I always have atleast 2 Browsers on my machines here is a link to the everso popular Mozilla Firefox

http://us.downloadinfo.co/lp/firefo...dacm03lob0e1-344f749d4ce77ca4d621e134ac5017ce

I started keeping 2 Browsers when years ago all I had was Internet Explorer and THAT BROWSER WAS HACKED AND COULDNT BE USED BUT PEOPLE WITH OTHER BROWSERS WERE OK SO SINCE THEN I SETUP ALL MACHINES EVEN REPAIR JOBS WITH A BACKUP BROWSER ;)

Its simple to download and when you open it you will get a message at the bottom of the screen asking if you want Firefox to be your default browser just click No dont ask again if thats what you want to do or click yes. I say no as Internet Explorer is my default or most used.

Last edited:

It also might be due to Windows doing a lot of updates. My laptop had 18 (!) this morning that were about 100 megs total. Really had my hard drive buzzing for an hour or so.

Thanks Tony. I have been stressing all along to use a different browser and dump Internet Exploder. I dropped it several years ago after having numerous problems with hijacking and freezing. I use Firefox nearly exclusively. On the old site I had a problem a few times with Firefox which was caused by Google ads not allowing me to see the last pages of some threads. Even if I clicked on page 4 it would only take me to page 3 for example. I switched to Chrome and everything worked great however I prefer Firefox. I have never used IE on this laptop and do not even update it etc. IE has far too many bugs and vulnerabilities for my likings. Most people use it simply because it comes on the computer and that's it.

C.K. I had to post this as I seen a few HATE posts as far as the new site goes and will admit I for one logged in and seeena new layout and said """Oooohhh no!! What did you do Tim!!!?""" Its mostly laziness but I can zing around the new site like anyone else as I repliesd in someones post take a deep breath and navigate around!! Theres no beetr training or learning than handson!! I had the problem for a few days with the lockups and lagging hanging up real bad and seen it before and knew I had this beat and went in with Firefox Browswer PROBLEM SOLVED!! ;) I can use Internet Explorer lately and no problems but if it laggs again Ill just exit and come in with Firefox ;) This will help 99% of the people having these issues and I know its frustrating as I deal with computers on a daily basis.

But there are some that will still claim that IE works everywhere else so it can't be that. They just don't understand website coding and how browsers respond. To tell the truth I don't understand it either but I do know about compatibility issues and what happens when they run afoul. All we can ask is for folks to TRY a different browser and see. There is nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Reactions: TonyV225
Change is sometimes hard for people. Like you said try a couple of browsers, see if that helps your performance problem. Go to the bottom and adjust the fonts and the colours to see if you can find something that is easier for you to read or more pleasing to your eye. Give it a chance see if it grows on you.

I'm using Safari on a Mac it runs fine as well as with Firefox it runs fine on my iPad Air and my iPhone 5s. I haven't tried it on my Surface Pro yet running IE or my Android Tab 4 yet.

I use internet explorer on all my machines, and have not had any problems at all on any websites.
With IE I would not expect any problems, most sites are coded for IE. What I was getting at is page loading speed, IE is still one of the slowest. If you haven't I would suggest trying other browsers, you might be surprised.

at any point in time someone may encounter problems with something or other...just last week there were supposed to be some updates that were causing slowdowns for folks and I experienced none at all! Computers and software are always evolving.

i have a friend in IT who has experienced slow downs with both chrome and IE albeit momentarily so I can see other folks may also experience issues from time to time.

just saying I have not had any issues at all and i understand that those things can happen. iv'e been lucky i guess,,,

hope everything gets back to normall for all, as best as normal can be

best of luck to all
good day

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.