• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Fox Hunting""

Easterbunny online

Apr 7, 2005
Netherlands
www.cbradio.nl
Over here in the Netherlands (and Belgium, germany and the UK) We play this game called "Fox Hunting". The fox sets up an station somewhere +'- 300W FM with the antenna as high as possible the hunters try to find him with there s-meters. The fox sends out an sirene tone so the hunters can find him.

Is this game played in the US?

THREE HUNDRED WATTS for a foxhunt? I've been on hunts where the "fox" was at about 300 MILLIwatts, but never more than about 500 mw.

This was with the fox on 15 meters, usually.

a groupe of us in the uk do it on our legal cb band, we have tried different ideas, first the game was to be first to find the fox, each car worked alone and anytime any hunter calls the fox he must answer for a reasonable period to get a signal reading but that meant everybody was riding round not working together and only about 4 or 5 cars got a turn each night because it took so long to find the fox, now we kinda work together ( not everyone plays fair ) to find them and the game is who can stay hidden the longest which usually means more cars get a turn and its not the same few people finding the fox all the time while the others ride round getting lost, despite some of the 4x4 guys using some not so fair hiding places where us in regular cars have no way of reaching and a few people cheating by moving the fox car or altering their power when they see you getting close oh and the secret phone calls from bases that think your in their back yard we have a good laugh, we can only use the car antenna and no df gear, i made a loop and they banned all df gear the night i used it lmao, we have become so good that on average it takes 1/2 houre to find the fox in an area 25x25 miles so this year we will extend the boundry another 10 miles each way, we use anything from 150w to 600w as it makes it harder for them to get in the right place when your strong everywhere, if i sit on a hill with 600w fm then the less radio savvy guys think they are real close to me when they may be 10 miles away on another hill,, i use the most power ( and google earth ) and have twice remained hidden all evening and broke the next best record of 3 1/2 houres a half dozen times, once you are found then we all meet up in the nearest convenient location while the next fox hides several base stations monitor us to ensure nobody is cheating by varying their power, i know i know we are like big kids but its fun and we are all competitive :twisted:

running power is not a problem round here so long as you stay away from palomar amps, anybody overdeviating gets complaints and usually turns it down or moves channel, everybody uses some amount of power and everybody uses ch19 very rarely straying away from there, tune through the other 79 legal channels and you may hear a half dozen people within 20 miles and a few distant stations then listen to 19 and everybody and his dog is there all talking in their own little circles, its been like that for well over 10 years, nothing like the old days when you would struggle to find a clear channel, 95% of people want to be on the same channel but plenty of the locals listen to us on ch16 even the old timers as its better than keystone cops :LOL:

Back in the early to mid ninties CB was huge in my city... well over 500 people bare minimum. Used to have amazing fox hunts. Now I think I am one of maybe a dozen people active on the radio at best. Those active are mostly older people. :cry: I miss my foxhunts.

Audio Boost said:
FL Native said:
yes it is. allthough havent heard or know of anyone here localy that has done that in years.

thanks for the sound my locals will "love" that noise :twisted: LOL

That is not legal. You should not reproduce that sound over your Citizens Band Radio Transmitter. You are in violation of FCC Rules. See CFR 49 Subpart B

hmm ok ..... if you say so.............LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.