• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-2800M

No problem Bud I am just glad it actually posted I was having issues on my end and had tried typing and sending this 4 times LOL but she made it(y).

Let me know what you think about that its kind of cool I think and then to be able to set just that setting back to stock thats alright in my book thats forsure. Now this MURS is also interesting :drool:

Tell me this guys, if I do this solder mod on my new 2800m, will I hafta reprogram my stuff in the radio?
Will it set back to what was in it after doing the button pushing deal at the end of the mod article an still tansmit on the 137-174

I'm new at this, I'm used to working on cb's...:)

Ron
ol'fart

The FT-2800 has two reset options. Oe is a total reset that wipes out everything and returns the menu functions back to default.
The other is a parcial, or function reset that restores the radio's function, but retains all the programmed memory.
I'm not certain, but I believe it's the parcial reset you need to do after the Tx expansion mod, so your programmed memory should remain intact.

I did the total reset on mine the other day because I wanted to rearrange everything in the memory, and reprogram the radio the same way I set up my Icom 2200H. I've got big hands with fat fingers, and that was a real trick pressing that whole row of buttons with one hand while turning on the radio with the other.......:blush:

To late, I already did the total reset...lol Thats same as it was new when I got it isn't it? All I hafta do is put my stuff in that I want now?

Since you probably didn't see my other thread, do I now have the 5 murs channels now also?

thanx, Ron

Ok Doc I am thinking this is only the new ones it works on but what is considered new? I have no clue but this indeed worked on mine it transmitted on everything then I was like $h!+ do I have to master reset to put back to stock? I sure as hell didnt want to reprogram everything then I found I could reset the internal menu back to factory specs without losing everything Ill give the open TX mod then the reversal I used.

TX Mod FT-2800/M
Hold LOW+D/MR and then press the power on. On the screen you should see "A2" on the readout

(SET MODE RESETTING)

To reset the set (Menu) mode settings to there factory defaults, while leaving other settings unchanged

1. Turn off radio

2. Press and hold in the [REV(DW)], [LOW(A/N)] AND [D/MR(MW)] keys while turning the radio on The "SETRST" notion will appear on the display.

3. Press the [D/MR(MW)] key momentarily to reset the set (Menu) mode settings to their factory defaults (press anyother key to cancel the reset procedure).

OK, I did the solder pad deal and found out that the radio will not accept the info when you use the yaseu computer program to load it up. It kept saying on the computer screen "error, try different type radio". So we redid the solder deal (back stock) an then it would accept everything like it was suppose too.

Now for the second type mod (above) that says to push a coupla buttons an then it will read a2 on the screen, then what do ya do? I'm lost here....hehe

Ron
ol'fart

I am not sure exactly what the A2 menu/mod does, but i do know it enables me to talk on the local sheriff's office dispatch frequency. 155.625.

Just tried it earlier today, dispatch heard me loud and clear. I run on the volunteer ambulance service and used my med callsign doing an equipment check.

Now I can communicate from my POV with the Ambulance, Deputy, Fire dept, Search and Rescue, etc. Stuff I normally would attempt to do on my issued handheld with poor success.

Aside from this practical application, I'd also like to know what this A2 menu does on the ft2800m...

Great radio. I opened mine up to cover MURS. Best bang for the buck in a 2 meter radio by far!

Yeah I know this is an old post....but who all uses MURS? I've listened past 148 MHz on my FT 2800 ad have heard a few one sided convos in the 151 and 153 MHz area. It wasn't in the frequencies listed by the FCC as MURS though.

Also if you want to have a quick and easy extended TX on the FT2800M w/o taking the radio apart, do this....

1. Turn off the radio via the power button on the face.
2. Push and hold the [LOW] and [D/MR] buttons.
3. Now while holding the [LOW] and [D/MR] buttons, power on the radio via the button on the face.

Walla....you have the ability to TX anywhere from 137 MHz to 174 MHz.

Keep in mind this is only temporary; the radio will return to it's standard 144-148 MHz configuration as soon as the radio is powered off and back on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.