• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 1000

David Wilson

Jun 8, 2016
I have a galaxy 1000 and it has the 8975 tubes in it I want to replace them with the el 509 I need the pinout for the 8975 that are in it like on the el 509`s pin 1/8 go together 2/7,3/6 and 4/5 are the heater I just don`t know what pins are what on the 8975`s a little help please thanks BigRed back out

Seems the number "8975" was printed on more than one kind of tube.

One of them is the same as the EL509, and has nine pins.

How many pins do the tube sockets in this box have?

IT`s the same as the el509 but they are pinned different when I out a 509 in it it pops the fuse as soon as I key down I also need to know where the heater V comes into the tube on the four or five pin dose the other one go to ground I think it does but the only schematics I have says it just runs through it

I'll guess that your "EL509" tubes look a bit skinnier than the 8975s, the glass is thinner, and it weighs only about 2/3 as much.

The original russky tube that they remarked "8975" should be called a "6P45S"

Except that it would have been marked in the cyrillic alphabet. Insted of a letter "P" it has the greek letter "pi", and the last letter is "C", the russky letter for "S".

This is the only diagram I have for the Galaxy 1000. Doesn't say which tube this one uses. Might be the right one.

Thought I had the 6"pi"45C sheet, but can't find it.

Attachments

• g1000s1.jpg
    g1000s1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 230
Hey, Mat here, new to the site. I have the same amplifier, and mine has 1x4 RCA 31JS6C tubes. Because I don't know much about these, or Tube rigs in general, can different brands of the same value as these be used, i.e., 'plug-and-play'? By that I mean, using them, and not having to re-bias/realign anything? All but one also have 5000@34mA on the box...is this a rating value, test value, and if installing, do these numbers have to coincide? Thanks in advance...

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Do they have to be exact values, or is there 'wiggle room' regarding them? And should the one with the biggest value serve as the Driver, or does it have to be matched with the rest?

Well thanks for having me! Took it upon myself the other day to pull the cover off, and to my horror, there was enough dust and grime inside that box to start a compost heap. So after cleaning and de-dusting everything inside, discovered there were Sylvania Tubes in it, and NOT RCA, as the seller advised, so now I don't know if I can even use the RCA tubes he gave me with it, as I've no clue if they're the same value as the Sylvanias. Pulled the bottom cover off as well, and the bottom was amazingly clean, especially when compared with the tube side. Guess I'll see what more I can glean off the interweb regarding this amp...there's very little info on it anywhere...

Ok, so I've got 4 that are within a few points either way, as follows, smallest number to largest: 5000@31mA, 5000@34mA, 5250@23mA, 5750@33mA, and the 'biggest' is 6000@39mA, they're all RCA Electron Sweeps with the value: 31JS6C...so now I have to pull one of the Sylvania tubes in it to see if they're the same value as the RCA's, or is that something I don't need to completely remake the amp for the tubes I have that I guess are good? Need to find someone with a tester...

hi i have a galaxy ***** 1000 amp too....and need info on it .....if you have any could you pass it on to me ? ....thanks eric......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated