• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 2517 ept690010d Low power in am and fm mode

Is D-145 soldered or cut? it should be a MA27T-A diode.

At D-103 there's 2 back to back diodes most likely a swing mod. Return that to a stock MA27T-A, OR check that they are good.

Near IC-8 and C-243 there are back to back diodes. not sure why. It should be a MA27W-A

Pictures on angles are hard to see everything but I see these 3 things above

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
vr14 ended up being the guilty part. I thought I had already checked it but I had this radio confused with another.
Thank you wwdx members for all the advice and comments.

Reactions: TM86
yes, I was just looking at replys here.. cool, you found it...
stuff did not make sense. now it does. R14 adjusts the
carrier level for AM/FM.

on your VR14. maybe you can get some rubbing alcohol inside
the part... turn it back and forth to clean. maybe remove it from the board.

a few days ago, I had a Marshall transistor guitar amp.
no audio output, due to both the volume and gain pots
being dirty. I removed them off the board, opened them
up with a screwdriver, took rubbing alcohol and cleaned the
resistor surface inside. measured with a meter...
all good. no need to order them new pots....

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.