• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 800 Linear Amplifier

cowboytta

Feb 26, 2019
Hello everyone,new to the forum and new to radio...only in it about 6 months.
Does anyone know anything about the 800 or where I can find information/manual on it?
Thanks

Not sure on the 800 . Is that a Hybred like the 500 ? Transistors & Tubes ? If so from what a read really touchy on the loading & DON'T like to be over driven . 73 & God Bless Leo Btw Welcome to the forum !

galaxy_600_800_1k.jpg

Could use any number of different tubes, they changed those with "Wind" direction:LOL:(8975) 6GK6's...8908's...etc.. sub's etc.
GL
All the Best
Gary

Thanks for the information 357 and BJ...this one has 30KD6 driving (4) 31JS6C tubes. I think I'm going to pass on it being touchy on the loading and driving. I dont know enough yet to be working on it myself if something messes up. Again thanks.

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.