• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy dx 55hp

I honestly do not know, I would think there is some kind of of something on them. I’m a very new tech starting out, and want to learn, no one in this area to teach or show anything, at least not the correct ways to align and diagnose issues, but I sure hope they are.

The only thing that is available is from CBTricks, that's archived right here on WorldWideDX.com:

Don't thank me, thank the good people running WorldWideDX.com.

Hope it helps with your needs........

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
If you are honestly trying to become a tech, put the covers back on that DX55 (just for now).

If you do not take a systematic approach to repair and just throw parts and adjustments at it, you will spend weeks on a single problem and probably make things worse. This is where your journey meets a fork in the road, tech or tinkerer. I know how fun it is to work on radios, but take some hard-learned advice: ruining all your toys is how you get interested in electronics, its not how you learn about them. Stop here and take a few months to brush up on the basic principles of electronics and RF. There are a lot of people here that can help! Remember, its not about memorizing everything, its about recognizing something (like a common circuit) and knowing where to look for more information when you need to. No matter how good you get, there will always be a schematic that makes you scratch your head. Just learn the basics and the rest will fall into place as it becomes relevant.

Learn to identify the various stages, like oscillators (colpitts, pierce, and identifying series and parallel mode), mixers (single-balanced, double balanced, and active mixers), amplifiers and their classes (ie how are they biased and how much of the waveform do they conduct), etc. This way you will be able to look at a schematic and get a good idea what everything is doing. In doing that, you will also get a good idea of what the voltages are supposed to be at different points. It's mostly voltage dividers and voltage drops, Finding whats wrong is really easy once you can spot these things. Think about it like this... If a transistor shorts, you don't just want to replace it, you want to look at the schematic and see what else could have blown due to that short before putting a new expensive part in (because a new a strong replacement may do more damage elsewhere when it fails (like blowing a trace or transformer winding).

When you get that far, its time to buy a big box of markers or crayons. Print the schematic and trace out your supply voltage with red, then trace out anywhere that goes unregulated due to a TX switch/relay in orange. Then with the rest of your warm colors, highlight the regulated rails that are active during RX and TX (in different colors) stopping at any resistor larger than 100Ω. Then start with your cold colors and trace out the RX and TX signal paths starting from the antenna jack and oscillators changing colors at each mixer. Now that you know what signals are where, you know what frequency those cans should be tuned to (and their test points), you know what trim cap adjusts what oscillator, etc You don't have to understand how a noise blanker works to get this far, but hopefully by now, you'll understand and respect the function of an AMC and leave that alone. Ok, go ahead and take the covers back off. Good Luck!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
More reading

Reactions: brandon7861

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated