• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 949 Clarifier Modification

Just verify that on RX and TX JP189 stays at 8V - else remove VR7 and locate R113 free leg to Jp200 or Jp190 your V8 constant supply rail...Keep VR7 in case you need to re-trim Clarifier versus trying to realign all those coils - the trimmer will adjust the voltage for you just install it in series with R113' freed leg with the VR's other side to those JP's 200 or 190 and use it's "Variable" to re-center your clarifier...

You just need 8Volt constant - you've disconnected it's TX side by lifting D68's leg - that top rail trace on the board supplies 8 Volts so any of the jumpers that solder to it will provide you that voltage - just don't cause any shorts ok?
In
This circuit change is different from the changes you posted previously. What is this circuit going to accomplish, versus your previous post? Is this just to unlock the clarifier without expanding the range?

I ask because there is more bad info out there than good. I attempted to expand the clarifier in a 2547 and ended up smoking the clarifier control, using other info posted. Mine has a 5.6K from the factory in R153 and when I increased the value, the range decreased.

I now wait for a new control and put the circuit back to stock. Too many headaches from bad info, I should have known better.

Sl

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?