• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 94HP

hacksaw

Jan 25, 2009
Hello all. I currently run a S-9 in the mobile on a K40 and I've made several DX contacts over the last few days. Love the radio. Nothing but 100% reports from local and DX. Audio is amazing loud and natural sounding. RX is nothing but superb. Slight cold drift on the freq but nothing to even consider thinking about. I just stay on top of the clarifier for the first 10 min or so then all is well. Anyway. I'm looking to add a second radio, and I've been exploring other options. I don't have room for a box really or even want to mess with the extra wiring involved. But I wanted a touch more power. So what is y'all's opinions on the 94HP? I've read several posts on several forums about it. Some good, some bad. Where to buy from, tune or not? Anyway, just some things on my mind. Thanks
Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also in using the theory that the first 100 watts is the most important.

OK, my 2 cents (others may disagree). 45 watts to 100 would not be that much more on the receiving end. If you could convert it to the 175 version then I would do that.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, either way. Anyone have some opinions in the 94HP

Well, either way. Anyone have some opinions in the 94HP

Sure do, I had 1 while I was living in Ontario. Drift was ok in the winter months like most other radios. Don't tune it too hot or, well it will get hot. I had mine converted and that was about it. Good performer that way.

I have a 94HP. It's a decent enough radio. It's probably not a whole lot better than your S9. It's kinda pricey for what it is. If you operate mostly SSB, I'd slap an Optima MK3 in your ride.

Because I just sold a basically new 257hp that I got. It had the blue display but I think it had the dual 1969s

Well since this topic is headed in a different direction then info on a 94hp, since the post I managed to get my 257 back that I got off Scrap'r, and bought a Sirio P-5000 with mag mount to try instead of the K40. Just thought I'd tell y'all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.