• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 94HP

I have a 94HP. It's a decent enough radio. It's probably not a whole lot better than your S9. It's kinda pricey for what it is. If you operate mostly SSB, I'd slap an Optima MK3 in your ride.

I run AM and SSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well since this topic is headed in a different direction then info on a 94hp, since the post I managed to get my 257 back that I got off Scrap'r, and bought a Sirio P-5000 with mag mount to try instead of the K40. Just thought I'd tell y'all.

In my books, the 257 is better than the 94 hp.

In my books, the 257 is better than the 94 hp.

Really? I'm just a junkie when it comes to radio equipment. I'd love to own em all!!! But the S-9 is a very good talker so far. 2004 model. And the 257 is also an older model with the blue lights and non MOSFETs. If I remember right. It has the two sinks like the Mk3 just not the fan cooling

Because I just sold a basically new 257hp that I got. It had the blue display but I think it had the dual 1969s

Not possible. The HP version of the Magnum 257 has the RFX-75 on the back. It's advertised as an 80 watt radio. If yours had dual 1969 finals it was a much older version. Still a super radio all the same.

Not possible. The HP version of the Magnum 257 has the RFX-75 on the back. It's advertised as an 80 watt radio. If yours had dual 1969 finals it was a much older version. Still a super radio all the same.

My radio has blue lights and is not the hp version

My radio has blue lights and is not the hp version

Gotcha, yea probably a regular mosfet version. I'm pretty sure when Magnum went blue they also went to mosfets. I know all the old yellow display versions were dual 1969 final powered.

Well I went out on a whim and scratched the whole Galaxy idea, and I told my friend to just keep the 257. I ordered a CRE 8900 from DTB. Looks like a good SSB radio with neat features. Let the negative and positive talk begin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
Well I went out on a whim and scratched the whole Galaxy idea, and I told my friend to just keep the 257. I ordered a CRE 8900 from DTB. Looks like a good SSB radio with neat features. Let the negative and positive talk begin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let us know how you like it. The best choice you made was buying from DTB. Too many people price buy from places like Copper & H&Y. They then convert the radio themselves and wonder why they sound average at best. You only sound as good as the radio tech is that tuned your radio.

Reactions: 1 person
Let us know how you like it. The best choice you made was buying from DTB. Too many people price buy from places like Copper & H&Y. They then convert the radio themselves and wonder why they sound average at best. You only sound as good as the radio tech is that tuned your radio.

I bought my Sirio P-5000 from H&Y:). I've read too much on here about getting a good shop to tune and align. I'd really love to learn myself, as I have an electronics background but have been out of it for quite awhile. I can however solder probably better then any machine on this planet! Like a brain surgeon! lol I'll let everyone know in a few weeks how the 8900 does. It's 7-12 days out before DTB works it...

I think we are all just radio whores! Looking for that "golden radio". A do all, rig that someday rules the airwaves. In the mean time, I guess we will have to keep asking questions and reading mixed reviews, make bad purchases, make good purchases. I love my 1969 S-9. Cold drift, just keeps me busy, but man does it talk and receive. I've talked local 56 miles to a base driving down the road on the 40-45 watts the S-9 puts out on LSB and a k40. That is probably PLENTY in most peoples minds right? But sadly we continue to want more! Kind of like 435hp & 444ftlb in my 70 Chevelle. No it's not fast enough!!! You guys are awesome:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.