• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX86V mods

Great price find!!
Same price (almost) as the 979 at Effingham. These are on sale for some reason. They just bought a boat load? Or they are on closeout or being discontinued? RCI was just sitting on a pile of these parts and it was the only thing it could make at the time? As the parts factories struggle to make a variety of items, the production runs that they do make determine what the radio factory can make. I wonder what country they are made in?

Same price (almost) as the 979 at Effingham. These are on sale for some reason. They just bought a boat load? Or they are on closeout or being discontinued? RCI was just sitting on a pile of these parts and it was the only thing it could make at the time? As the parts factories struggle to make a variety of items, the production runs that they do make determine what the radio factory can make. I wonder what country they are made in?

Just get the ones you’ve been wanting. Thats my take. This ain’t an expensive hobby at the lower end, so, with things getting hinky. . . .

Just get the ones you’ve been wanting. Thats my take. This ain’t an expensive hobby at the lower end, so, with things getting hinky. . . .
Kind if what I'm doing while we can. As unstable as everything is we better or we'll lose out if it all falls flat. That's the way for me to justify the 959 that was just ordered. Do I need it? Not right now but if it's needed then it will be there... And a good match for the 503hd that's on stand by.

Kind if what I'm doing while we can. As unstable as everything is we better or we'll lose out if it all falls flat. That's the way for me to justify the 959 that was just ordered. Do I need it? Not right now but if it's needed then it will be there... And a good match for the 503hd that's on stand by.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you order the 959 from? It's next on my list.

Why “b” be bettah?

Oh, Starlite

828, you’d get confused wandering the Caprock if the Great Milky White Way got to ALSO walking around inside your cab. Too bright already those stars outside.

Our Elder Brother was watching out for you.
Side mic just might reach all the way to . . . .

So we know you got the right radio, in the right version.

C068114E-1FE5-42F0-AC7D-F81E286086F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got it in, they are made in Vietnam. Just like the Texas Ranger 797 and 936.

Checking out the conversion now. Plug in the plug and unsolder the blob. What would happen if the blob was left there? Oh wait a minuet, looks like that is what keeps it in 10m mode without the plug in. The socket for the plug says B C D E F G H and the blob is from H to 8V. So a person could easily put a selector switch in to give the different bands. But I only need uppers and lowers so the stock C D E switch is just right.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated