• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Echo Desk Mic Vs. D104

Lookibg for your thoughts and opinions on this Mic http://cbradiomagazine.com/Micropho...ne/Galaxy Desk Microphone Echo Roger Beep.htm

Looking for something thats gonna add to my sound. Gonna be pushing this through a cobra 2000.

Currently using an Astatic D104 and it has been doing the trick so far.

Not really looking to peeve anyone off with the echo sound but I would like a nice smooth sounding reverb type sound.
Suggestions on what to have my settings at on the mic and the radio for ultimate performance?

I've heard them, and they sound good. will it sound as good as the D104? I don't think so.
you can still find an echomax 2000 for a decent price on ebay, I paid 180$-ish for mine brand new.

D104's have the clearest, crispiest audio (you already know that) only downfall ive heard thru the years is the poor key-up & un-key noise. Some can be fixed or adjusted to kinda stop that annoying noise. Galaxy or Sadelta echo desk mics are very crisp too, echo and beeps are not for some but i like a lil echo.

I had one, and liked the sound. I could never get the echo "just right" for me, which is just a hint of reverb. Maybe I didn't play with the settings enough, but I traded it off. Still have my D104's though.

RT307

Since you wanted echo I think you'll like that microphone. D104 on a 2000 will sound fuller but the Galaxy mic will be loud and you'll have the echo.

D104's are great unless you turn them up too much like 90% of all CB'ers do. Everyday of my life I hear people key up and I can tell it is a D104... then three words in I can tell theyve turned it up too much and sounds like doo doo...and I can hear their dishwasher which is 100 yards away.

Since you wanted echo I think you'll like that microphone. D104 on a 2000 will sound fuller but the Galaxy mic will be loud and you'll have the echo.

D104's are great unless you turn them up too much like 90% of all CB'ers do. Everyday of my life I hear people key up and I can tell it is a D104... then three words in I can tell theyve turned it up too much and sounds like doo doo...and I can hear their dishwasher which is 100 yards away.

So,what do you use to adjust the mic modulation within your parameters besides an O-Scope?
I use a Redman modulation meter myself.

I have a dm452 echo mic for the mobile but the damn thing is hard to get bang on. And with doing audio checks. No good reports. I havent used it since I got it a few weeks back. Without a talkback I cant really hear it. I even tried using the scanner beside me with no antenna and still I couldnt hear it properly.

Hoping I dont have any problems getting the right sound though. I do want It sounding loud even on a barefoot radio.

And yes I have even tried using a pa to listen and to no avail.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.