• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy Saturn lights

HeyItsMatt14

Jul 30, 2022
Hey Everyone!

I am new to the CB hobby and just got my first Base Station Radio. I had a Galaxy 55 before and it had the blue display lights on it. I love the look of the blue lights and how gentle they are on my eyes of the night time. Is there a way to change the lights in the Galaxy Saturn from Green to Blue?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

For the meters:

For the frequency and channel display you would have to find the led segments and replace those. Could be a difficult thing to do, even finding the led segments of the correct size.

Or find a Connex Saturn CX33 base

1659197250815.png

Last edited:
For the meters:

For the frequency and channel display you would have to find the led segments and replace those. Could be a difficult thing to do, even finding the led segments of the correct size.

Or find a Connex Saturn CX33 base

View attachment 60031

I am thinking that the board for freq display and channel selector from a Connex Saturn can fit into the Galaxy if the insides are the same

I am thinking that the board for freq display and channel selector from a Connex Saturn can fit into the Galaxy if the insides are the same
Good luck finding a CX33, they were sold 10+years ago, then discontinued.
You are going to get differing opinions about blue leds, some like them, some hate them and there is some research that suggests blue light in not good for your eyes.
I actually prefer green over blue, and red in low light conditions.

Jeff

I know you don't want blue lights while driving. They will really mess up your night vision.

You are going to get differing opinions about blue leds, some like them, some hate them and there is some research that suggests blue light in not good for your eyes.

Jeff
Thank you for the comment Jeff!

Matt

Jeff

I put the backlight on my old school 2950/2970 to green. I think it looks better than the orange or blue myself.

Attachments

• DSC03376.JPG
    DSC03376.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 2
Changing LED channel digits creates a hazard in the form of damaged copper-foil traces and pads on the circuit board. It takes an incredibly light touch to remove the old digits without overheating the foil traces on the circuit board. And you won't know if any connections have been damaged until the new digits are in place. Any segments on either digit that refuse to light up will tell you how many connections are broken.

Feel free to experiment, but the skill level needed to prevent foil trace damage is a big part of the picture.

if i could like nomad's comment 1000 times i would!

these circuit boards are made very cheaply to begin with, with the thinnest possible copper used.
you'd better be pretty damned good with that desoldering iron (a real one, not the solder sucker) as well.

those LEDs need to basically fall out of the board.
if you have to pull on them you are probably taking the sleeve out with it.
LC

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated