• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy saturn turbo

H

hossless

Hello, how does the Galaxy Saturn Turbo compare to the other ham base rigs in tx, rx and overall performance?

Thanks, Hossless

</p>

hey hoss the saturn turbo is a good rig same as 2527 or 2517 in recieve transmit to turbo has the edge because of the the built in kicker, but then again a well tuned 2527 will bury a turbo also turbos have had know power supply problems, also with no stock fan the kickers generally dont last long add a fan kit and that solves that problem, but at 400 for a good used one you can get a nice used kenwood for that, the turbo is a good all around radio and performs as good as any rci or galaxy base rig, but doesnt com close to touching hf rigs in tramsit and recieve quality................

take care cdx-781

cdx781sig.gif
</p>

saturn turbo

Thanks Nightrider, looks like a good used Kenwood is going to be in my future, as soon as I can sell some stuff.

7333333333333's, LoneWolf - readin' that mail

</p>

Re: saturn turbo

Hook, TripleJ, I thought the Kenwood transceivers were superb am rigs, besides being excellent on ssb? Can't they be modified to work 11 meter also?? If so, why would one need another radio?

Thanks, Hossless

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.