• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GI Joes

Ashtonford

Aug 4, 2006
Just wanted to tell about the time I had recently. Ordered a new General Stonewall Jackson base for GI Joes. When I got the box from UPS and opened it up looked like they had been playing foot ball with the radio heat sinks were dented in etc. Hooked up the radio and it had been knocked out of allignment. Contacted GI Joes the first lady I talked too was most insistant that it was impossible for a radio to be damaged that they shipped because they package everything perfectly! So after telling the lady once again that I was looking at a busted up radio she transfered me to the owner. The owner was more helpfull told me to contact ups and do a damage report. As most normal people do I work during the week the hours that UPS picks up and delivers so I contacted UPS by phone and told them my situation and was told that a driver would have to pick up the package and that they would inspect it once it was received. I asked the lady would it be possible to drop the package off at the local depo since I would not be home during their normal business hours and her reply was that would be fine, she took my information and said everything would be put into the system. I went to drop the package off and the lady behind the desk was yelling at someone when I walked in to the place. Not a good sign lol. She gave me the meanest look like what the heck do you want! I told her my situation and asked her could I leave the package she said no! that I would have to take the package back home and have it picked up by a driver! after going around with her for 20 minutes she said well you can talk to my manager! He came out and started the same line of bs but I stuck to my guns and dident budge he finally told her to accept the package and to put his name on it and gave me his extension to check back latter as well as a tracking number! to make a long storry short ups tryed shipping the package back to me! I contacted GI JOes and he got their shipping deparment on the other line. Ups in turn called me on my other phone and said that he had the shipper on the line and after explaining the situation with him he finally admitted that they had made a mistake and he would take care of it. The finaly inspected the package and concluded that they were at fault and paid GI Joes for the damage and shipped them back the radio. I was a bit concerned after reading on GI Joes site their return policy for radios damaged during shipments it basically stated that they would only pay 60 percent of the purchase price! but the story did have a good ending GI Joes sent me a email stating that as soon as they received the damaged radio they would ship me out a new tuned radio which they did and it arrived intact with out a scratch and tuned nicely today. Sorry about the rambling but had to vent!

Apparently the economy is so bad these days that no one can afford paragraphs :(

I stand behind what I said. If you find it annoying you obviously hate America.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.