• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

gizmotchy 5 element

seems to be in the ball park with a 1 to 2 s unit gain. i have a guy here in maryland that has a 6 element Gizmotchy and a Imax 2000 and about 2s units of gain is what i see from him. he's about 45 air miles from me on the Imax i get about 2S units and 4 on the Gizmotchy to my Imax. i know he found that the beam width on the Gizmotchy is narrow and you pretty much have to pin point the antenna at the RX station much like you do with a Quad. i do know one thing he's a killer when Dx is rolling.

giz beam

Well i had a chance to pull the vertical element off and check the gamma match and connections, the Collier was a little loose too , so i tightened everything up and put it back up to the same 25' , and got some checks and watched several peoples signals. and i see an improvement, most everyone except a few close stations with very strong signal i see more s units with the beam now, some up to two s units.and the same with my transmit, and this is comparing to the Macao ground plane at 30' .

But i do not see a solid 2 s units all the way around, so i have an improvement , so now i want to work on getting more gain, i have read allot about some set ups are for favoring rear rejection so maybe i could tweak the spacing of the elements and get more gain from this antennae.

Good deal on making the connections tighter, and having better performance.

Tweaking the spacing may, or may not show you any gain. Making the boom longer will show more gain, at the expense of losing some rejection.

A yagi is always a trade off, for forward gain versus rejection.

No, it would be 3 'S' units. And I wouldn't count on that 18 dB of gain very much.
- 'Doc

on an accurate meter that might well be the case,but those are few and far between, for a cb 18 db probably would be closer to 6 s units seeing as cb s meters are about as useful as a fart in an astronauts suit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.