• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Glitch in the matrix on FT8

I run it when I am just board and I dont feal like talking.
I have not had much luck with voice this year.
I was messing around with FSK/RTTY a few days ago but no luck..

FT8 is one of them modes where it would be useless if there was every an emercy. Soon as you lose any kind of synchronization from the internet the mode becomes completely useless in emergencies or any kind of communication.
I could see why people can think it's the cancer of radio but as long as it keeps people using the radio waves it I'm okay with it..

Not like CW or RTTY..

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I have been running FT8 and really enjoy it. Wasn't sure I would but turns out I was wrong. I use psk reporter to see how well I might be getting out. Noticed a report section for 11 meters. I know 11 meters is more common outside the US but boy wouldn't it be fun if we could try it her in the states on 11m? Anyway I learned how to get it hooked up to my radio and it has been a blast.

No actually I don't because I will never run FT8 or any digital. I have nothing agaist anyone that runs it but I have zero interest in digital anything.

I do some DMR VOICE & D-STAR Voice but I don't allow my computer to do any contacts.All of my Amateur Radio Communications are on Voice/Phone It is worse than boring to me when I can't understand what is being said without reading it on a screen. I can do that here or when texting on my iPhone but I want voices talking to me on the radio.

SIX-SHOOTER

This thread is tuning into a digital modes bashing thread.

The OP started the thread to show something he thought was amusing how a radio program made an error and the responses didn't address the subject, instead it was an opportunity to bash FT8 and digital modes in general.

This sort of compares to a Ham vs CB argument because of a disdain for a certain mode of Amateur operation.

Why not bash CW? There's no question that it does have historical significance but it is not voice, it's sounds like a bunch of beeps to people who don't know what it is.

Now if you guys are going to come down on me for this you are going to prove my point...

73 Gentleman and happy Fathers day to all!

OK,I HATE CW as well.I Passed the 5 wpm Code Test when I upgraded to General before the FCC started giving the General Class away.I passed with Straight Copy but I have less than ZERO use for CW just like Digital modes that that don't use Voice.I hope that is what you were looking for since I am here to make others happy.

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.