• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

God Bless these Youtube Review & How-To People

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Youtube is awesome. There's reviews & how-to's on nearly everything it seems like. Has helped me out so many times. God bless these nice folks.
Then ....
There are so many goobers who yammer on with lengthy spiels of so much useless fillijabber I want to reach through the screen and choke them.
A 15 minute video that could have just gotten right to the meat and got you in and out in 2 minutes.
We don't need to hear your life story. We don't need to know what school you went to. We don't need to know what all of your other hobbies are. We don't need to know what you had for lunch. We don't need to know where you bought your box or how much you paid for it. We don't need to see 2 minutes of you taking the thing out of the box. Just show us how it works and what you need to do and any vital tips and tricks.
Amen

Last edited by a moderator:

The reason for sharing ones complete life story prior to getting to the main course is to psychologically condition you to believe they are the authority on a particular matter ~ to bolster their inadequate skills by conveying to you their lifetime of worthless achievements and purchases because they feel reinforces their abilities to the viewer. "I have an expensive radio, so therefore, I am an expert in expensive radios". It is a dead giveaway that they are confidence men using their perceived skills for ratings and profit rather than education. Remember, the youtube algorithm notices when people click off a video, so just click off it.

Was this necessary to air out in public?
Probably not but it happened. There are other things that could have been said by all admins here that were discussed in private but were not. Sometimes frustration wins over judgment. Let’s just say that some people are REALLY picky about what they see and hear while the other 99% don't care since we are all adults here. Nuff said. If you hadn't questioned things it would have died earlier but now it comes back. I have to deal with overly sensitive people that whine about everything all the time and I guess I have had enough. Some people carry their bible tucked under their arm and complain if they even hear someone whisper "the F word". They are in the VAST minority. What was complained about has been heard on every school yard in the country, not that it is right, just that it has become common everyday acceptable terms and when written as such is a lot different than actually uttering it public. Apologies to Robb and anyone else that has their nose out of joint but the feelings still stand.

Probably not but it happened. There are other things that could have been said by all admins here that were discussed in private but were not. Sometimes frustration wins over judgment. Let’s just say that some people are REALLY picky about what they see and hear while the other 99% don't care since we are all adults here. Nuff said. If you hadn't questioned things it would have died earlier but now it comes back. I have to deal with overly sensitive people that whine about everything all the time and I guess I have had enough. Some people carry their bible tucked under their arm and complain if they even hear someone whisper "the F word". They are in the VAST minority. What was complained about has been heard on every school yard in the country, not that it is right, just that it has become common everyday acceptable terms and when written as such is a lot different than actually uttering it public. Apologies to Robb and anyone else that has their nose out of joint but the feelings still stand.
How about a little humor?
A burglar is in the house filling his/her bag with any and all valuable items.
The family pet parrot is perched on the ceiling fan, yelling, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. The burglar looks up and yells at the parrot to shut your mouth.
As the burglar enters the kitchen, he/she meets the LARGE family dog. He/she asks the dog, "who the hell are you?"
The parrot speaks-up, that's Jesus, that's Jesus!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.