• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Golden eagle D104, how to care for this gem?

Don_Q

Nov 23, 2016
Just got my hands on one and wanted to not only in working condition but to get it to looking like it came out of the box new (OK maybe not so new). Any tricks to clean this up without using abrasive materials or anything that would take off the gold finish?

If you have a chromed one, you could try a micro fiber cloth and an automotive chrome restoration product? Maybe even something like Mothers Chrome Polish.

EDIT: Oops, Golden Eagle! *facepalm*

Last edited:
You can try some toothpaste. Use some very mild opaque, and not gel type toothpaste and cotton balls or a microfiber cloth. Very gently clean the surface with the toothpaste and then remove and buff it with a seperate set of microfiber cloths. You really have to be careful with gold plating as it will get scratched easily using certain things to clean it. Here is what is recommended with a quick google search.

What you need to clean gold-plated jewelry:
  • Toothpaste.
  • Baking soda.
  • Toothbrush.
  • WD-40.
  • Dry, soft cloth.
Hope this helps. And be careful. Start in a spot that isn't very noticeable and make sure what you are using isn't removing any of the plating before you go to town!! Have a good one and when you are done cleaning it, use an old sock and a microfiber cloth to keep it safe. Just some food for thought. Again, good day and have fun cleaning!!!

Reactions: LeapFrog
For gold I would use a liquid polish like Brasso. It is for use on gold as well and will not scratch. use a flannel cloth. I use it to polish all my gold bars with and they look great. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2RT307
For gold I would use a liquid polish like Brasso. It is for use on gold as well and will not scratch. use a flannel cloth. I use it to polish all my gold bars with and they look great. :ROFLMAO:

I endorse brasso. Works great on gold and I add a capful to my vibratory tumbler when polishing brass. I chose to hoard ammo over gold bars :) You can't kill a zombie with a gold bar.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.