• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

golden eagle mark 3 no lsb

Bill -

It looks to me like the carrier oscillator V1a (12AX7) is dead in the LSB mode, or the Mode Switch has an open contact in the LSB position. Since the oscillator is working in AM and USB, the tube is ok. You can check for oscillator output by putting a scope probe on the side of C6 that is connected to the mode switch. If no oscillation in LSB, check crystal CR2 (5.6480 mhz), and make sure tuning cap C2 isn't shorted. If these check OK, then check the contacts on the mode switch in the LSB position. Check all the solder joints in the area too. Good Luck.

Last edited:
thank you

Bill -

It looks to me like the carrier oscillator V1a (12AX7) is dead in the LSB mode, or the Mode Switch has an open contact in the LSB position. Since the oscillator is working in AM and USB, the tube is ok. You can check for oscillator output by putting a scope probe on the side of C6 that is connected to the mode switch. If no oscillation in LSB, check crystal CR2 (5.6480 mhz), and make sure tuning cap C2 isn't shorted. If these check OK, then check the contacts on the mode switch in the LSB position. Check all the solder joints in the area too. Good Luck.

ok i will check it out. thanx 4 the info.
73s kj4mqa bill

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.