• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GOOD SIZE ROTOR

S

steal man

DO ANYBODY KNOW WHERE CAN I FIND A ROTOR THAT HAS TEN SQUARE FEET OF WIND LOAD

</p>

Hello Steel Man:

Yeah shure look here at the Hy-Gain Ham 4 Rotor.

www.hy-gain.com/products....did=HAM-IV

This rotor is rated at 15 Square Feet, but this rating is only when the rotor is mounted inside a tower frame, and uses a external Thrust Bearning at the top of the tower, NOT mounted on a mast. Hy-Gain Rates this rotor at 7 1/2 square feet if its mounted on a mast.

Mounting the Rotor in the frame of the tower and using a external trust bearing is the best advice I can give. I have a Crusader 10K, 5 element yagi beam up for only 6 months before it made a Hy-Gain Ham 4 Rotor turn into mush from the strong winds we have here in the Mojave Desert. But is was mounted on the mast, and only lasted 6 months.

If you really have a 10 Foot Square, the best advice is to go the next bigger rotor, the Tail Twister T2X its only about a 100 dollars more, but is a investement that when the beam is up there, you won't have to be changing the rotor which is usually the weak link in a beam installation.

Jay in the Mojave

www.a1antennas.com

</p>

steal man, you might want to post in the Forum Swap Shop section to see if anyone has a Ham lV rotor with control they want to sell. I think someone listed one not too long ago for around $200 bucks (which is a good price). I recently sold one in excellent condition to a local for $250.

Also, like Icom 706 said "try Ebay", but be cafeful...

Hossless

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hossless>hossless</A> at: 5/18/04 3:58 pm

I have a buddy here local that has a 6 element Gizmotchy on a 47' tower being turned only by a light duty rotor (I think about 3.5 windload). He uses a thrust bearing to take the verticle load off the rotor. He has used this small rotor to turn the Gizmotchy for about three years with no problems until now - the gears finally crashed and burned. A thrust bearing is the only way to go.

Hossless

</p>

check out www.universal-radio.com/c...surot.html

Yaesu G-800sa rotor with a 16sq. ft. wind load for $339. This is an excellent rotor for a good price.

Their G-250a is $259, it is a 10 sq. ft. rotor. Another nice rotor.

Hossless

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hossless>hossless</A> at: 5/18/04 6:56 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned