• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GOOD SIZE ROTOR

S

steal man

DO ANYBODY KNOW WHERE CAN I FIND A ROTOR THAT HAS TEN SQUARE FEET OF WIND LOAD

</p>

Hello Steel Man:

Yeah shure look here at the Hy-Gain Ham 4 Rotor.

www.hy-gain.com/products....did=HAM-IV

This rotor is rated at 15 Square Feet, but this rating is only when the rotor is mounted inside a tower frame, and uses a external Thrust Bearning at the top of the tower, NOT mounted on a mast. Hy-Gain Rates this rotor at 7 1/2 square feet if its mounted on a mast.

Mounting the Rotor in the frame of the tower and using a external trust bearing is the best advice I can give. I have a Crusader 10K, 5 element yagi beam up for only 6 months before it made a Hy-Gain Ham 4 Rotor turn into mush from the strong winds we have here in the Mojave Desert. But is was mounted on the mast, and only lasted 6 months.

If you really have a 10 Foot Square, the best advice is to go the next bigger rotor, the Tail Twister T2X its only about a 100 dollars more, but is a investement that when the beam is up there, you won't have to be changing the rotor which is usually the weak link in a beam installation.

Jay in the Mojave

www.a1antennas.com

</p>

steal man, you might want to post in the Forum Swap Shop section to see if anyone has a Ham lV rotor with control they want to sell. I think someone listed one not too long ago for around $200 bucks (which is a good price). I recently sold one in excellent condition to a local for $250.

Also, like Icom 706 said "try Ebay", but be cafeful...

Hossless

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hossless>hossless</A> at: 5/18/04 3:58 pm

I have a buddy here local that has a 6 element Gizmotchy on a 47' tower being turned only by a light duty rotor (I think about 3.5 windload). He uses a thrust bearing to take the verticle load off the rotor. He has used this small rotor to turn the Gizmotchy for about three years with no problems until now - the gears finally crashed and burned. A thrust bearing is the only way to go.

Hossless

</p>

check out www.universal-radio.com/c...surot.html

Yaesu G-800sa rotor with a 16sq. ft. wind load for $339. This is an excellent rotor for a good price.

Their G-250a is $259, it is a 10 sq. ft. rotor. Another nice rotor.

Hossless

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hossless>hossless</A> at: 5/18/04 6:56 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.