• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Goodbye Tech Nine Videos

as i said if you had a gun under your bed with no licence to own/process it and a cop came in and found it ..you are breaking the law whether it has 2 " of dust on it or not and no round in the chamber ..procession of a rf amplifier with no appropriate licence is the same.
Just FYI - here in this state and many others, one does not need a licence to own or process a firearm. I've had firearms for over 40 yrs, and have never had any licence for them.

Just FYI - here in this state and many others, one does not need a licence to own or process a firearm. I've had firearms for over 40 yrs, and have never had any licence for them.

Same in my state :) Firearms need to be registered but no license is required.

Most laws are directed at use, not possession. Like the fact that a convicted DUI offender with a suspended license can't drive, but they can still own a car.

If your ham radio license expires and you don't renew, it doesn't suddenly become illegal for you to own the equipment or amplifiers. Even if you have a CB station still operating after your license expires :)

There is a clear distinction between possession of an item and use of an item.

The FCC rules are written to target illegal use of equipment and sales of non-approved equipment but are not directed at ownership.

Last edited:
Other clause's for amps that can TX between 24-144MHz in the U.S. for Amateur license holders. Your country maybe different.

not here ..as a amateur we are allowed any amp for any ham band (to legal limit..of course)..12-6 m amps are legal here in other words (on the ham bands for BK;s info )

however if the manufacturer state it can do say 1500w for 100w drive (in their published specs)then it is technically illegal ..silly clause in our law really as that means most hf amps break that rule considering the likes of sb220 TL922 etc are so popular here and have been here since BEFORE we gained the 1kw limit! (was 400w till a few years ago)

some one just told me 2m aussie-nz torpo is going on..off to fire up the gs35 (at legal limit..of course)

not every state it seems..yes i have owned firearms my whole life ..never held a licence however never use them with out being in the presence of a licence holder (mostly deer/pig hunting)
technically here you can own a gun without a licence but it has to be kept with a licence holder

The laws pertaining to use and possession, use, carrying, both concealed and open carry vary widely from state to state. There are states in which no permit or license is needed for open carry. Some states prohibit the possession on your person at anytime.
But the ownership is protected by the second amendment of the Constitution of the United States. Yeti Communications is in New Zealand, they and Australia, have under gone a radical legislative process that would have caused a revolution in the U.S.

Yeti Communications is in New Zealand, they and Australia, have under gone a radical legislative process that would have caused a revolution in the U.S.

not as radical as some thing..just no automatic weapons unless with endorsement (only used on rifle range or special events) and no carry of any fireams publicly .

hand guns are a endorsement item also and only for gun ranges or specail events
(no carry allowed unless goverment/police etc)

our gun death crime rate for the year is 1/10th of what new yorks would be for a day
anyone here can get a licence if they are of sound mind and pass the test..endorsements are harder however
like the swiss there is more guns here than people just we dont feel the need for everyone to have one ..the streets are semi safe here. compared to the usa

most mass shootings here are with hunting rifles .

people are registered not guns however you are supposed to hand in serial numbers if asked

it is what it is ...kiwis are well known for a dont care attitude

not as radical as some thing..just no automatic weapons unless with endorsement (only used on rifle range or special events) and no carry of any fireams publicly.
The street are not safe in America. It's not the firearms but the criminal element that gets ahold of weapons that are forbidden to them. Louisville, KY has broken the record of murder. I can't fault legal law abiding citizens for wanting to carry guns here. A neighbor down the street from my house had his door kicked in and was robbed and beaten for his pain medications. He and his family have moved to a different city to get away from the thugs that are taking over. I don't know about you but I am too old to take an ass whipping from anybody. So yes I have the legal paperwork and I do carry a pistol as protection.

Not really relevant here, Mark is an electronics engineer & he performs all of his testing of modified rigs on an appropriate dummy load. I have never seen any illegal acts performed by him, nor have I really ever heard him even say the word "amplifier".

This project may become open source, what people do with the schematic & knowledge is up to them, knowledge & schematics are not inherently illegal (yet, nor is it intent) so Mark is in the clear.

Mark may be a licensed radio amateur, designing this board to (easily) convert C.B. radios for use on 10/12 meters, this a great project IMHO (as long as 11 meters operation is locked out). (Next in my mind would be an FM mode addition)

Now if you are talking about @ 9:55 (In the video), I don't think Mark would go on a YouTube hunt and start sending links to the FCC because somebody got super jealous and left a note + dead squirrel on his porch (traumatic to a wife & child, if you ask me). I would not imply something like that on an open forum, it's no better than the fool who threatens people because of radio mods being publicly released.

Somewhere someone crossed the line, I don't think this is related to Tech Nine Technologies though.

Last edited:
Not really relevant here, Mark is an electronics engineer & he performs all of his testing of modified rigs on an appropriate dummy load. I have never seen any illegal acts performed by him, nor have I really ever heard him even say the word "amplifier".

This project may become open source, what people do with the schematic & knowledge is up to them, knowledge & schematics are not inherently illegal (yet, nor is it intent) so Mark is in the clear.

Mark may be a licensed radio amateur, designing this board to (easily) convert C.B. radios for use on 10/12 meters, this a great project IMHO (as long as 11 meters operation is locked out). (Next in my mind would be an FM mode addition)

Now if you are talking about @ 9:55 (In the video), I don't think Mark would go on a YouTube hunt and start sending links to the FCC because somebody got super jealous and left a note + dead squirrel on his porch (traumatic to a wife & child, if you ask me). I would not imply something like that on an open forum, it's no better than the fool who threatens people because of radio mods being publicly released.

Somewhere someone crossed the line, I don't think this is related to Tech Nine Technologies though.
It is revelent here if you watch the video and listen to what he said.
I dont give 2 shits what the FCC has to say.

try this link

I was wondering the same thing.. Is there some kinda 11 meter mod Gestapo roaming the country side and scanning the Web that no one knows about?? Sounds a little far fetched to me.
Quite possibly he is referring to a competitor who produces a very similar kit, a few people come to mind, there's even a company in the United Kingdom that produces a PLL modification they call "Extreme" also!

Surely the FCC doesn't employ rogue agents to threaten modders, that would be some tin foil hat stuff right there!

I doubt it was the FCC although they can be cold blooded pricks. Who cares about channel mods? There are people on this forum who claim to care although I can't imagine they really do. It's too petty and I can think of a lot more ass holes in my life who are more deserving of a dead squirrel.:mad:

Quite possibly he is referring to a competitor who produces a very similar kit, a few people come to mind, there's even a company in the United Kingdom that produces a PLL modification they call "Extreme" also!

Surely the FCC doesn't employ rogue agents to threaten modders, that would be some tin foil hat stuff right there!
Serious Question for an Administrator:
Since when do users only get 24 hours (or less) to edit a post?

Last edited:
It's always been that way Leap Frog as far as I know. I thought it was actually less than that amount of time to correct or edit a post. I am not a moderator, but do know from being here on the forums that if you don't edit the post that is will not let you after a certain time. Had happened many times to me as well!! Hope you get the answer you are searching for!! Have a Merry Christmas and don't forget to wear shorts and flip flops as I think it's going to be a warm one here this year! The posts above are just my own experiences. Hope this helps some.have a good one Leap Frog and may you and yours have a great Christmas Day!!!

Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.