• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got desperate. Ordered Sirio 2016 from UK

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
So I got desperate and wanted the darn Sirio 2016. So for $152 USD I apparently ordered the last one.. from the UK just now. Shipping UPS express saver (whatever that means).

If they confirm the order tomorrow I'll be happy. Hopefully quieter than the A99 I'm currently running.

Checked there site after order and now says out of stock.

I was thinking 1/2 wave SilverRod from the UK also, but at like $120 for that I couldn't see it.

A3781E0C-6AE9-4C6D-961F-C795B37C53D1.jpeg

So after some review on the 2016 antenna.

Questions?

After putting the sections together to I need to wrap/seal the joints as well?

Is that top most mast section being held in by the small set screw good enough or should I somehow reinforce that? (The part that sets the SWR)

Is that first section by the base "hose" clamp good enough or is there a mod I should do on the joint like a self tapping screw just below the "clamp"?

Should I wrap just above the PVC cover on the coil where it meets the top section?

I know a few people on here owns this or the Sirio 827. Hence me asking??

That section that already has a hose clamp is probably ok just put antisieze. The other sections that use a screw need the slit and hose clamps instead. With antisieze.

So delete the 2 screws and plastic sleeves on each section at joints and replace with a slit and double clamps??

Here is a pic of the manual page showing the double screw joint. I even think the screw holes are predrilled.

54B70E37-A8E4-43BA-9943-4745FBC898C9.jpeg

So delete the 2 screws and plastic sleeves on each section at joints and replace with a slit and double clamps??

Here is a pic of the manual page showing the double screw joint. I even think the screw holes are predrilled.

View attachment 36871

That image shows the tubing is swagged and has 2 sheet metal screws securing the tube connections. I don't like swagging, it looks like a weak connection in a small area (2" typically) that has been squeezed smaller.

Last edited:
That image shows the tubing is swagged and has 2 sheet metal screws securing the tube connections. I don't like swagging, it looks like a weak connection in a small area (2" typically) that has been squeezed smaller.

The videos of them being assembled show like a 3-4" joint area and maybe a 2" spread on the screws. Here is some pics I got offline.

This is the way they are. Can't change it.

9817CDDC-C686-4423-A325-0C59A89B28EF.png E86FD25E-B8AF-4149-94FA-A7349F2C920F.png

Reactions: S&W357
Put it together the way it was made. I have a local with one and it was up for many many years with 0 problems. Until the straps let go and it came down.

Reactions: S&W357
Thanks for the close up.

I agree don't change it, you would just weaken the connections more.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.