• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got my first contact via Echolink Gateway

S

subs757

Had the 2mtr set mobile instead of the 2970 the last few days, took a trip down to Birmingham in England and whilst tunning around the repeaters called out on the GB3DX link.

Had an excellent little QSO while mobile with VE3JWJ (john) and then W0MBD (jack) in Missori.

Ok it aint the same as SSB fun, and relies on the technological changes rather than atmospheric, but hey, we move on, and I was over the moon. Just moving along the motorway at speed chatting Stateside !

Now i need to rebuild my 9 element beam on 2 so I can some more of the repeaters from base.

Anyone else experienced these gateway links using RF or pc ? Tell us of your experience and your opinion please.

26 CDX 757, One of Our Subs - subs757
mobile with RCI2970 Astatic575 Sirio 7/8th @120w back at base Yaesu FT757GX Datong FL3 filter Astatic575 3ele Sirio yagi @130W

More than 2000 people are injured by teapots each year in the UK !</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.