• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got my Technician Class... Finally

If you have your call sign you can transmit as long as you stay within the technician level privileges. Check to see if your call letters are listed in the FCC data base. If it is you are good to go. Welcome to the world of ham radio.

Reactions: AK321

I took the test on Wednesday 11/26. Been checking periodically on the FCC site via FRN search, and nothing yet. I'm sure it takes a few days before they process the paperwork and issue a call sign.

Reactions: curlyjo
Congratulations! Sounds like you're off to a great start. 10 meters has been really hopping lately, so have fun!

Brett

Reactions: AK321
Congrats I just got my callsign yesterday....KD2HQK.....it takes like 7 business days....at least it did for me. Hope to meet you on the waves soon.

Well, so far I have managed to connect to the local 2m repeater in my area. I have a lot to learn about UHF/VHF. The manual for this radio is almost a half inch thick, so I guess I'll be busy for awhile...lol :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.