• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Greetings and introductions

Skypperman

Oct 25, 2012
Hello to all,
I am an Italian OM-CB recently moved to Canada.
I love every type of radio communication, in particular I work on the design, develop and construction of antennas for OM and CB (including the famous Skypper Skyrex and antennas ), especially for portable use and DXpeditions.
I really like to "tweak " within the CB radio , especially those export (EPT-3600, 6900 etc ...) and I managed over the years to create a series of personal modifications and improvements (not the usual ones that are on the web ) very effective, to improve the performance of our loved radios!
Here in North America , I found a very different reality from that of Europe , especially in the field of CB, where I see with wonder that the CB is still alive and well ! This to me is a big surprise! (y)
If you want to see some of my work , I invite you to visit my youtube channel :
https://www.youtube.com/1SD019
Many videos are in Italian, but if anyone is interested I can add subtitles.

Regard's Alex the Skypperman!

Welcome to the forum Alex!

i for one would be very interested in being able to read subtitles in your vids.

im also curious what type of mods you've come up with for the EPT3600 boards, and others.

anything on improving the high noise floor created by the crappy local oscillator?
LC

Thank's guys!
With regard to the noise floor, I've only done the usual changes to the diodes shottky, substitution of TR17 with a Fairchild equivalent of 2SC2999 and some caps on the audio line to get a less noise in SSB ... nothing of special. Surely with an internal DSP noise decreases dramatically, but the costs increase a lot :))
However I have done away with that damn whistle of frequency counter, and the reception is now much more relaxing!
The many other custom modifications concern the PLL and the tx chain.

Soon as possible, I will put some subtitles in english.

73's all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated