• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grounding base antenna

BigLou , I meant No disrespect in my comment , I don't roll that way . But what Capt K said I didn't know your mast situation & the H2O . It's just me I have 2 (6-8') ground rods on my 30' Galv push pole . Just so happens they are in my wife's flower beds , so when the irrigation comes on ... they get H2O also . Believe me I didn't plan it that way !:whistle::LOL:

Reactions: S&W357
Just from what I’ve read here, all I have to say is, “Huh?!”‍♂️

I want to hang a firestik on a pole that is stuck in the ground and try to protect it from lightning strikes. Any simple suggestions?

Just from what I’ve read here, all I have to say is, “Huh?!”‍♂️

I want to hang a firestick on a pole that is stuck in the ground and try to protect it from lightning strikes. Any simple suggestions?

GP Homebrew.jpg

Is this what your planing to do with the Firestick?

after-class-grounds-aug-1969-pe-3.jpg

33756517.jpg

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/po...nds-Grounded-aug-1959-popular-electronics.htm

Gary's right ! Ask away ! Welcome to the forum ! As he suggested try making a wire antenna ( if you have room ) I learned that when I first joined , they work awesome ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: binrat
Good deal! Thanks for the information. I will be running a standard run of the mill cb radio and a vintage VHF MURS with the same PL259 connectors. Yes, two different antennas for different frequencies at least (how far?) apart. So now, what KIND (rating, type) of coax should I run for the radio(s)?

BTW: How do I test SWR with a small handheld cb used as mobile and the same with the MURS?

Last edited:
Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.